The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Current games thread! - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Video Gaming (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Current games thread! (/thread-5503.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 02-03-2006

You know, I started DMC3 but I can't stay away from ninja gaiden. I got pretty good at the end of the game and I'm having a blast kicking everyone's ass again in the beginning of my second play which is extremely rare for me to do. Only done that with RE4 and half life2 this gen. which for me means it on par with those games. There's my top 3Big Grin

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-04-2006

I wanna play Ninja Gaiden again, but i refuse to play the original, I want to play NG: Black instead (since it has more story, new weapons, and some fixed stuff). I'm just too lazy to go out and buy it (even though i seen it a few days ago for $24)

Instead i've just been playing random other games...

Half-Life 2 (xbox) - better then Halo 2
Far Cry Instincts (xbox) - better then Halo 2
Breakdown (xbox) - better then Halo 2

If you guessed it, i pretty much hate Halo 2 (then again, i hated Halo as well). I just find the game to be extremely boring. Then I finally started getting hooked, and BAM! They make you be the stupid alien guy, and I gave up there.

Now I need something to fill my time until Tales of Legendia later this week.

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 02-04-2006

I don't like halo2 that much either but I hate the games fans who claim it to be the best game ever or the best fps ever. All it did was make the controls feel good in the beginning because of the ridiculous auto aiming. The level design is some of the worst I've ever played, more so in halo:ce which many people claim to have the better single player. The endless hallways which were exactly the same over and over. Most repetative level design ever.

I did finish halo1 and I'm in the middle of halo2 when you get to play the allien guy for the second time (that's right, it's not over after the first time you play with him). But the last time I played was months ago. Halo2 multiplayer levels are good but I don't like the community, game setup and the weapons. Plus I suck at it.

Half life 2 definetly is the best single player fps on a console (imo) and i really enjoyed farcry aswell. They made me buy an xbox afer farcry was cancelled for ps2.

Current games thread! - Cidien - 02-05-2006

I do think Halo 2 is the best all around fps. For single player I think I actually like F.E.A.R. better. That game is damn cool. Half Life 2 is alright but the only thing I really like about it is the engine. I don't like many of the levels. I bought it for the mods. Especially day of defeat source. Couldn't imagine buying that game on xbox with just the single player, especially when you consider how much is sucks on the xbox compared to the computer.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-06-2006

The problem with Halo 2 IS the level design. Then again, that seems to be Bungie's problem. All their 3d games i've ever played all have horrid level design. It's always so generic and bland. (halo 1, halo 2, oni, etc, etc, etc)

Yeah, I think Half-Life 2 is my favorite console FPS game as well. Closely followed by Riddick and Breakdown (i just love the idea and story behind breakdown). Far Cry was awesome, but you can only handle a forest location for so long.

Lastnight I ended up beating Ghost Recon 2 on the xbox. BY FAR the best of the series. Before i had only played the originals and the ps2 version of ghost recon 2 (which is a completely different game), but I was hooked on this game. I ended up beating Super Metroid as well lastnight (i was up til like 2am playing it :p )

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 02-07-2006

Yeah, i'd like to see someone play that library level in halo 10 times in a row.

And another person talking about breakdown. I've never seen the game but that's the second time someone recommends it. I gotta look for that.

Riddick is the bomb but to short. I so hope they make a sequel.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-07-2006

I liked how Riddick was short... gave a nice break from the million hour FPS games (like half-life 2)

As for Breakdown, it's made by namco, and one of those games that surprisingly ONLY stayed on the Xbox. It's a first person brawler. By that, i mean it's more hand to hand then actual weapons. Pretty dated game now, but i just love the location and overall story. Not to mention, it uses the first person view in a lot of interesting ways (drinking a can of pop, eating food, throwing up, etc :p )

Current games thread! - Ranmafan - 02-22-2006

yeah, i liked hl2, that and ninja gaiden black are the only xbox games i have been playing lately. But although i like fps, i like rpgs much more. i just got Grandia 3 for the ps2 and the graphics are gorgous! it is the best looking game on the ps2, and the storyline is great as well. i am also playing tales of legendia and that is alright, although i thought tales of symphonia was better.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-22-2006

Most people think symphonia is better when they've never played the OLD OLD tales games (legendia is more like eternia. and supposedly Abyss for the ps2 is similar to symphonia)

Anyways, i've been going through loads of stuff lately:

Ibara (JP PS2) - Cave's newest shmup. Nothing that special

Disgaea 2 (JP PS2) - I can't wait for the US release!!!! And NIS's upgraded graphic engine is much nicer

Grandia 3 (PS2) - BY FAR the best rpg i've played for the ps2 this year, and one of the better ones i've played in quite some time. All of peoples bitches towards it are unwarranted, the game is FANTASTIC!

Tales of Legendia (PS2) - I beat it a few days before getting Grandia 3. But only the main quest. If you're a fan of Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2 on the ps1. Then you'll probably enjoy this game as well. Not to mention it has LOADS to do in it! After beating the game, you unlock the 'character quests', which is pretty much a whole other game in itself

Jade Empire (XBOX) - Picked it up for $9.99 yesterday evening, and i've already put like 3 hours into it. Being a huge fan of KOTOR, i really enjoy this game a lot as well. I'm curious as to why it never got a PC version though.

Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX) - This is my 'filler' game. Whenever i don't have much time to play anything, i'll usually pop this in and play a few rounds.

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 02-23-2006

Still going on DMC3:SE. I can't play more than 2 or 3 levels in a row or my thumb starts hurting.

Also played the first 4 levels of black. Great looking game and the sound is just awesome, especialy the score which was done by the same guy who did medal of honor.

It plays pretty slow though. Your charrecter doesn't walk very fast and its essential that you take cover and kill enemies from a medium distance. Some levels have multiple paths which is good and blowing everything up is also cool but overrated. The levels are just absolutely littered with explosive barrles/boxes, whatever. Definetly one of the better fps on consoles but it holds nothing to half life 2.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-23-2006

I think Black is all about the destruction, and that's all. I think even the developers said the most focus was put on blowing stuff up.

Anyways, it comes out in the US next week, and that's when i'll be grabbing it.

Current games thread! - -spike- - 02-23-2006

Yeah, same here. I cant wait for BLACK.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 03-07-2006

Well Black has come out, and it's getting quite the mixed reviews. Most bitching about it 'not having a jump button' and 'no multiplayer'. The game was created for a SINGLE PLAYER experience, not for lame ass multiplayer which every other FPS out there has (so why add another to the crowded genre? instead they wanted to make a game that was a single player fps). Oh, and supposedly it's quite short (clocking in at 8 levels).

Anyways, i'm currently playing the game, and don't have any complaints yet. Although it IS 8 levels, they're quite long in length, and VERY challenging (more due to the lack of checkpoints, etc)

The visuals are gorgeous, but what do you expect from Criterion. It's also nice to see many locations similar to stuff you've seen in big name action flics (they were done on purpose that way). My personal favorite is the bathroom/shower gun fight in the asylum level (which is based on the gunfight in the shower in The Rock)

I'm also playing Ninja Gaiden Black on normal difficulty, and some random songs in Pop N' Music 12.

I'm currently waiting for Ghost Recon 3, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, and Shadow Hearts 3 which all come out THIS WEEK! n_n

Current games thread! - wrxh8r - 03-08-2006

Xbox360 is released in nz in 2 weeks so i will be playing graw and oblivion.
Now im playing dj portable max on psp.Just finished res evil 4.Still ploding away at guitar hero as well.

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 03-09-2006

I've played Black and I can't get passed level 5, the asylem. If you've played it you know where I'm stuck. That part is just too frustrating to keep trying again so I threw the game away. Did like it very much up to that part though. I might go back once there's an all levels clear code cause I'm not playing that part again.

I'm playing prince of persia two thrones with a little ultimate spiderman on the side and some Tales of legendia. Though I'm not really enjoying either of them. I'm a bit fed up with games. After playing RE4, Half life, Ninja Gaiden, DMC3 I kinda feel I've seen the best that these consoles have to offer.

There's not really a game out there that I still want to play right now. But I can't wait for Okami and especially Tombraider.