The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Current games thread! - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Video Gaming (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Current games thread! (/thread-5503.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Current games thread! - Ryo of Inferno - 01-22-2006

Current games we are playing huh? Well lately I have been switching between two games, These are believe it or not, Guitar Hero and Digital Devil Saga. Guitar Hero is fun but a bit difficult at times. Still it at least helps me to expand my music horizon. Then of course there is Digital Devil Saga. Good gameplay and whatnot but the storyline is a bit disturbing to say the least. Oh and speaking of ghosts Dark Osamu. Yes I am back, so surprise. Well thats all I have to write for now.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 01-23-2006

IMO the Digital Devil Saga series was BY FAR the best rpg of last year. I played em all, and enjoyed those the most. Especially part 2

As for me, i've moved onto Half-Life 2 on the Xbox. The first game to keep me hooked for hours since Ninja Gaiden

Current games thread! - Batz Kage - 01-23-2006

err, I jsut got banned from my favorite Wolfenstein ET server for hacking -_-. If I can find a new one to play on then I'm still playing that right now.

Current games thread! - -spike- - 01-23-2006

Batz Kage Wrote:err, I jsut got banned from my favorite Wolfenstein ET server for hacking -_-. If I can find a new one to play on then I'm still playing that right now.
Dang, I used to play that game all the time, then I discovered Day of Defeat. That was the end of that.

Current games thread! - Cidien - 01-24-2006

Day of defeat and source rock. And I really really hate xenosaga ii now. A lot. Not only has the game gone from sorta hard to insanely hard, but after fighting through a bunch of really hard enemies I get near the end towards a save point and what happens? I beat the enemy. But what does he do? Blow up (hate that in the first place, it's cheap) and do more goddamn damage to me than I have HP! That's considering I had my highest hp characters in there....

The developers would not have wanted me to playtest this game. I woulda been yelling at them a lot....

Current games thread! - Cidien - 01-24-2006

desfunk Wrote:IMO the Digital Devil Saga series was BY FAR the best rpg of last year. I played em all, and enjoyed those the most. Especially part 2

As for me, i've moved onto Half-Life 2 on the Xbox. The first game to keep me hooked for hours since Ninja Gaiden

Oh, and you should play it on the computer if possible. Personally I bought HL2 for day of defeat and any other mods that would come out. The xbox version is pathetic though. Everything that could have gone wrong with that port did. They should have just ported it to the 360.

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 01-24-2006

Cidien Wrote:They should have just ported it to the 360.

I'm so happy they didn't. I had so much fun with this game on xbox. I wouldn't have minded it comming out on ps2 with even worse graphics. The level design, puzzles and sound are just so damn amazing. There's so many memorable moments in that game. And it still looks very good on xbox. I only had some real bad slowdown in the follow freeman chapter where you have to rocket all those walking tanks. It was real bad in that chapter but for the rest it was mostly flawless.

Its in my top 5 of all time so I'm very glad I got to play it on xbox. 360 version would be awesome to though.

Anyway, I'm still going strong with 11 hours into Ninja gaiden. Fucking electric worms driving me crazy. Game gets better and better though.

Current games thread! - Ryujin - 01-24-2006

Well I've been playing Phantasy Star 4 on the Megadrive/Genesis (Emu). I'm near the end but damn that castle is like a maze, the most maze like place in any RPG I've ever played.

I was thinking of continuing my "perfect" file is Suikoden II by unlocking all 108 characters. I had a go of Front Mission on the SNES (Emu) it was ok...but I've played better. That's about it...

Current games thread! - desfunk - 01-24-2006

I tried playing Half-Life 2 on the pc, my system couldn't handle it and it's insane amount of load times.

Now that I have it to play on a console, i'm quite happy. At least I never played enough of the PC version to really know what i'm missing out on. Though if i ever upgrade my pc down the road, i'll be sure to try out the pc one as well.

All in all, i have no problems with the Xbox version. There are issues here and there, but overall it's a pretty good game.

Current games thread! - Ranmafan - 01-27-2006

yeah i got hl2 for xbox but im stuck! im in let's go to ravenholm where you're suposed to shut off the electric to a electric fense. i do and proceed to that area, climb over the fense, climb the stairs against the wall, but i can't climb the second stairs! it won't let me climb it, can anyone help me? Oh and ninja gaiden kicked ass! The best xbox game ever!

Current games thread! - desfunk - 01-29-2006

Usually if you can't climb stairs, then you aren't meant to climb them. So there's probably something else you need to do.

Anyway, i beat it a few days ago. Then beat Riddick, then beat a load of SNES games. Cause i'm obsessed with xsnes9x on my xbox. I've got 1000+ games on there, and spend hours upon hours playing them.

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 01-29-2006

Ranmafan Wrote:yeah i got hl2 for xbox but im stuck! im in let's go to ravenholm where you're suposed to shut off the electric to a electric fense. i do and proceed to that area, climb over the fense, climb the stairs against the wall, but i can't climb the second stairs! it won't let me climb it, can anyone help me? Oh and ninja gaiden kicked ass! The best xbox game ever!

You do have to clib that second ladder. sometimes if it won't grab the ladder you have to back up a bit. Don't hug the ladder and press y and it should grab on.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 01-30-2006

So true, that game did have some wonky ladder controls. There'd be times where he just wouldn't grab it at all. I find that you have a better chance of grabbing if you stand further away from them.

My playing list is as follows:

Sailor Moon RPG: Another Story (SNES) - finally beat the game with its english patch. the only time i ever beat it before was in japanese

Devil May Cry 3: SE (PS2) - If you've played the original release, don't bother with this. If you haven't played the original then pick this up!!!

Black (PS2) - Only playing the demo, cause the real game doesn't come out for another couple weeks. The creators of the burnout series making a FPS? Insane!!! But the overall damage and insanity in this game is crazy. Too bad the game is hard as hell!!! (you can beat the demo in about 3 minutes... but it took me nearly 20 tries to do so)

Otogi 2 (Xbox) - Part one was a pretty crummy game, but so far part 2 is A LOT better

I'm also gonna start Breakdown again soon on the Xbox. But maybe i'll wait til i'm finished with Otogi

Current games thread! - Elcoholic - 01-31-2006

Finished ninja gaiden and immediatly started on DMC3:SE which I never got past the second boss (3 headed dog). I figured after beating one of the hardest games on xbox I'd try my luck at the hardest ps2 game. Bad idea. DMC3 so far seems way harder than ninja gaiden.

Current games thread! - desfunk - 02-01-2006

Ninja Gaiden is hard, but there's techniques to get through. DMC3 is hard, and that's about it... nothing makes that game easier.

At least from what i've read DMC3:SE has some sort of super easy mode (similar to Ninja Dog mode in Ninja Gaiden Black)