The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
AV and MI - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: AV and MI (/thread-4903.html)

Pages: 1 2

AV and MI - dhopz - 02-22-2005

When it comes to anime quality, how does AV or MI perform against FX. Is there a major quality difference?

And what't better, AV or MI (specifically Full Metal Alchemist)?

AV and MI - Puppet Master - 02-22-2005

dhopz Wrote:When it comes to anime quality, how does AV or MI perform against FX. Is there a major quality difference?

And what't better, AV or MI (specifically Full Metal Alchemist)?

Read the reviews...

AV and MI - Elcoholic - 02-23-2005

Really it depends on the set. Sometimes they are better than fx, sometimes worse. Honestly overall quality doesn't differ that much between companies, its just that fx was always fastest with the popular R1 rips so they got a good name through that.

Exception is MAC who seem to be using some dvd5's lately so I wait for reviews before buying from them now but the rest of the companies if I want it I just buy it (unless there already are negative reviews).

AV and MI - Peter - 02-23-2005

AV is god............

AV and MI - beboprules - 02-23-2005

Quality wise, AV is much better than FX. They never had dodgy disc problems like FX did. I don't think I ever heard of anyone having disc problems with AV titles.

AV and MI - rugrats1 - 02-23-2005

Quote:I don't think I ever heard of anyone having disc problems with AV titles.

Though the actual source that the DVD is based on is another story (TV rips, Engrish subs).

AV and MI - rav96 - 02-23-2005

i dont own any AV titles so not sure...aer the packaging the smaller MI/MAC style one or proper DVDcase size like MI or FX ???

AV and MI - Elcoholic - 02-24-2005

AV is proper dvd size like fx. Only MAC has the smaller size.

AV and MI - CrayonShinChan - 02-24-2005

AV used to be the ones that printed FX disks and even back then there was some dodgy fx disks. The incidence of dodgy disks is much lower with av, mi & mac though.

Printing on the box sets seems lower with av and mi.

AV and MI - rav96 - 02-24-2005

yes Proper siz coz the smaller size just looks plain ol' wired on a shelf mext to proper sized DVDs but thats me just bitchin who really cares

AV and MI - Gemini - 02-24-2005

i never really notice that, but now i do, and it does have a funny look to it.
ahhh, the horror, the horror......
but i think both are ok, not much difference to me, except the size now.

AV and MI - shirohamada - 02-26-2005

borrowed the first part from MI.
tv rip, through vhs.
grainy, colourbleed, ghosts.
pure evil.

don't buy it. the fansubbed DTV version is far more superior.

AV and MI - Cidien - 02-26-2005

The box size is just another example of why the people running MAC are stupid. If there is an FX set and a MAC set of the same thing, I always took FX cuz the MAC sets look retarded. There's lost sales right there. Now with their dvd-5s I think MACs going to lose a LOT of business.

AV and MI - CrayonShinChan - 03-02-2005

The MAC box size is due to shipping considerations since they fit perfect into fed ex boxes. I guess it is all down to moolah in the end.

AV and MI - Cidien - 03-02-2005

I doubt they're saving all that much moolah in shipping compaired to lost sales. I know i'm not the only one that passes on MAC when possible simply because of their box size.