The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Which is better games from the west or east? - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Video Gaming (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Which is better games from the west or east? (/thread-4501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which is better games from the west or east? - Black Howling - 12-08-2004

Lets see Western games are generely Sports games, First Person Shooters (Halo, Wolfintien 3D, Doom 3 etc...), Stratagie games (Comand and Conquer). Eastern games are generely RPG games (Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Star Ocean etc....), Beat-um-ups games (Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter, King Of Fighters, Guilty Gear etc...), Thrid Person Action games (Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden etc...) Statagie games (Langrisser Hikari, Super Robot Taisen etc...).

Also Eastern games tend to have better music, graphics, Story, better voice acting, less bugs etc...So what do you think?

Which is better games from the west or east? - guitarshredder - 12-08-2004

I like games from Japan (the "East") also.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Black Howling - 12-08-2004

By east I mean Japan.

Which is better games from the west or east? - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 12-08-2004

Well, all of my favorite games have been from Japan. So my vote goes to the east.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Schultz - 12-09-2004

yea but if you keep going east enough you will come back to the US? ;o)

Which is better games from the west or east? - Black Howling - 12-09-2004

True. I guess it's a full circle.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Ryujin - 12-09-2004

I'd also say that in general I prefere Japanese games to western games. For many reasons, but no need to get into all that. Although I still like some western games, it depends on the game.

The American have some good games like Halo, Halo 2, Half Life/Counter Strike, Legacy of Kain Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. They are some good American games IMO.

Which is better games from the west or east? - evilomar - 12-09-2004

American developers sometimes don't get half as much of the credit that they deserve. I loved both of the last two Contra games on Genesis and Super NES, and they were made here. I think most of the development for Metroid Prime was done here too, and that is one kick ass game. Lets not forget Squaresoft's American game Secret of Evermore, that was more enjoyable then half the shit Square puts out now.

Which is better games from the west or east? - r00ster - 12-09-2004

I like 'em from the North.. though maybe I'm biased. Wink EA's Canadian developers and Rockstar North both know how to make quality games... and let's not forget Silicon Knights (Legacy of Kain or Eternal Darkness, anyone?).

Which is better games from the west or east? - Blight - 12-09-2004

r00ster Wrote:I like 'em from the North.. though maybe I'm biased. Wink EA's Canadian developers and Rockstar North both know how to make quality games... and let's not forget Silicon Knights (Legacy of Kain or Eternal Darkness, anyone?).

You left out Bio-ware, at least i think they are canadian.

I like RPGs and many of the good ones come from Japan. However, There is some talnet in the states as well. Retro studios is the Nintendo stronghold over here now that they made Metriod Prime.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Robojack - 12-09-2004

evilomar Wrote:American developers sometimes don't get half as much of the credit that they deserve. I loved both of the last two Contra games on Genesis and Super NES, and they were made here. I think most of the development for Metroid Prime was done here too, and that is one kick ass game. Lets not forget Squaresoft's American game Secret of Evermore, that was more enjoyable then half the shit Square puts out now.
Secret of Evermore sucked ass. Play Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana III), which beats the living crap out of that title. In fact, Evermore was one the worst games made by Squaresoft, which is probably why they never made many games afterwards (Square of Japan couldn't trust Squaresoft anymore).

I completly agree with Robojack.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Schultz - 12-09-2004

I agree with Robojack also.. Secret of Evermore sucked SO hard.. i couldn't even finish that game.

Which is better games from the west or east? - Puppet Master - 12-10-2004

Games from the East by a long shot.