The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
How much have you spent on HK anime. - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: How much have you spent on HK anime. (/thread-397.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

How much have you spent on HK anime. - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-09-2003

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. *sigh* He's a crazy guy. :mrgreen:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 02-09-2003

That is loyalty. :mrgreen:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-18-2003

I've spent a lot on old VHS titles that are out of print. I think a lot of people forget the VHS format still exists. :mrgreen:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - yakumo - 02-18-2003

VHS whats that?

Betamax is the future man, screw DVDs :roll:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - JunkieJoe - 02-18-2003

heh VHS going obsolete in 4-5 years... the new PVRs (personal video recorders) that record to hard drive is taking over, new PVRs with DVD recording will complete the VHS obsoleteness... they will be very affortable in 2-3 years...

So my suggestion to all you VHS anime holders out there... sell on ebay NOW... u can actually get pretty good price for your VHSs from collectors on ebay... but I suspect that when VHS dies so will the sales... it will be like trying to sell a beta tape today ;p

How much have you spent on HK anime. - Shinn Asuka - 02-18-2003

Except some of us like our cheap VHS sets, like my Rayearth set :mrgreen:

hehe waste ;p poor investment if u ask me!

Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

So my suggestion to all you VHS anime holders out there... sell on ebay NOW... u can actually get pretty good price for your VHSs from collectors on ebay... but I suspect that when VHS dies so will the sales... it will be like trying to sell a beta tape today ;p

The thing is, I still own them, and the VCR. I have stuff DVDs can't touch including Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar, Gunbuster, KOR OAV (well for another 5 months), Akazukin Cha Cha, Raven Tengu Kabuto, Original Devilman OAV subtitled, Explorer Woman Ray, Virtua Fighter (though who would want to touch it), Sohyruden, Windaria, and some others.

I know VHS is going down hill. Though that is fueling my urge to buy it. My local comic book store sells their anime VHS for $10 now and you buy 2 get 1 free. That's such a sweet deal. I was able to get Dancougar for about $50 (all 39 subtitled episodes). I also picked up single OAVs and some sweet out of print Gunbuster from US Renditions. It's all good in the neighborhood. Not to mention I like keeping my Maison Ikkoku dubbed tapes around because the dumb asses won't release it on DVD. Most of my tapes have a certain senimental value that I love. I do plan to convert certain series like Project A ko and Jubei Chan to DVD. :mrgreen:

hehe... one man's trash is Steve_the_Talking_Pie's treasure ^_^ *grins*

I couldn't stand spending some of that money on some R1 series. Trigun for $240? No thank you!!!! :mrgreen:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - Shinn Asuka - 02-18-2003

Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

hehe waste ;p poor investment if u ask me!

Well I didn't ask you ;P

Anyhow, I managed to pick up both sets for cheap. Besides, I really only like the dub for the series anyhow, and for $30 for the sets, it wasn't a bad trade.

I love my Clamp Big Grin

How much have you spent on HK anime. - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 02-18-2003

I bought all of Trigun R1. Big Grin Cry

I sold all of my tapes a while ago. DVD is now. :mrgreen:

I just think that VHS is a smart choice to check shows out. I bought Cowboy Bebop Volume 1 for $6. Then I bought the DVD set because I like the series. :mrgreen:

How much have you spent on HK anime. - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 02-18-2003

The show is spectacular. Big Grin I will never buy a VHS tape again. Not when there's DVD to be had. Big Grin

Fine but when you are looking for classic out of print stuff don't expect DVD to help you. :mrgreen: