The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Favorite HK set all around - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite HK set all around (/thread-3450.html)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite HK set all around - dailyplanet - 07-12-2004

Hey guys,
Just wondering what was your favorite (MAC/MI/FX/etc.) HK set of all time. I'm not just talking about how good the series was but all the aspects of the HK set like packaging, quality, aesthetics, you know. I'm trying to decide what to buy at the moment Big Grin

Thanks Cool
DP

Favorite HK set all around - Vicious - 07-12-2004

Quote:Originally posted by dailyplanet
I'm not just talking about how good the series was but all the aspects of the HK set like packaging, quality, aesthetics, you know. I'm trying to decide what to buy at the moment Big Grin

You already messed up if that's what you're gonna be basing your purchasing decisions on.

Favorite HK set all around - gubi-gubi - 07-12-2004

In terms of looks maybe the MI Prince of Tennis or Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar? Fruits Basket FX looks good but you shouldnt buy a set just cuz of that tho lol Wink Prince of Tennis and Sugar both have excellent fansubs though...

Favorite HK set all around - israfel - 07-12-2004

blue gender is the best i've had so far, no pixelation or macroblocking, perfect subs, one for the dub and one for the japanese audio. Nice gatefold, but a lack of extras(this would probably contribute to the better visuals)

Favorite HK set all around - Nina182B - 07-12-2004

The best HK I've seen is Fruits Basket. Excellent English and Japanese version subs.. and no probs w/ picture or sound.

Favorite HK set all around - Andromeda18_ - 07-12-2004

All around I'd have to say my favourite is the GTO set (FX) but then again I'm crazy about GTO so this is probably not an imparcial choice. Aesthetics and quality wise I'd have to say Giant Robo (MAC), it's a really nice HK.

Favorite HK set all around - BrikHaus81 - 07-12-2004

In terms of excellent packaging and flawless video/audio... FX's Excel Saga

Quote:You already messed up if that's what you're gonna be basing your purchasing decisions on.

Oh, I like R1's too, don't get me wrong. Quality wise I don't have to worry about macroblocking and whatever. But I tend to appreciate pretty gatefolds with nice pictures over a generic black plastic dvd case with a slip for cover art and some inserts talking about production designs and whatnot.

Oh, I like R1's too, don't get me wrong. Quality wise I don't have to worry about macroblocking and whatever. But I tend to appreciate pretty gatefolds with nice pictures over a generic black plastic dvd case with a slip for cover art and some inserts talking about production designs and whatnot.

I wasn't referring to R1's in this instance. Just that you should base your decisions on a good plot/storyline and not let pretty pictures and shiny packaging be the reason you choose something.

Quote:I wasn't referring to R1's in this instance. Just that you should base your decisions on a good plot/storyline and not let pretty pictures and shiny packaging be the reason you choose something.

I'm not basing my decision solely on "pretty pictures" and "shiny packaging," although it is one of the factors. Anime is appreciated for its awesome plot/story AND its beautiful drawing style.

Favorite HK set all around - Owozifa - 07-12-2004

I'm not basing my decision solely on "pretty pictures" and "shiny packaging," although it is one of the factors. Anime is appreciated for its awesome plot/story AND its beautiful drawing style.

It ain't always beautiful.

You are correct about the drawing style. But that's not what you initially asked for. You basically asked for nice packaging. Either way, buy what you want. I don't care. I'll even help you out.

I once saw an anime called Trouble Chocolate. The R1's for it had some nice cover art, because I thought it was an original concept that hadn't been done before.

Also, the Revolutionary Girl Utena movie packaging was really cool. Especially if you can still get the LE that came in the pink DVD case.

EDIT: Nevermind my recommendations. I just realized you're only asking for HK's.

Quote:EDIT: Nevermind my recommendations. I just realized you're only asking for HK's.

:p

Vicious, I might be emphasizing too much on packaging, so I suppose I might as well make it clear that I want an anime with a GOOD STORY on top of that. Thanks anyway for the input, I'm actually looking at buying Utena, the HKs preferably, the R1s if I feel like it.

Quote:It ain't always beautiful.

Owozifa: so long as it doesn't resemble the US Mortal Kombat cartoons of old I'm happy.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions!!
Big Grin Big Grin

Favorite HK set all around - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 07-13-2004

MI's Lupin the Third first season.

Favorite HK set all around - Elcoholic - 07-13-2004

Hellsing. Awesome show and it carries Fx's pretiest packaging(IMO). Also a perfect rip with extra's.