The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
More Berserk?? - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: More Berserk?? (/thread-3419.html)

Pages: 1 2

More Berserk?? - lambrt429 - 07-08-2004

I am a big fan of the Berserk, so any of you that haven't seen it you should watch it. Anyway, i really hate that it ends after only 26 episodes. Are they animating any more of it?? Cause that would be freaking great if they were. Anybody know anything?? Just let me know Wink

Thx a bunch!!! Big Grin

More Berserk?? - Japschin - 07-08-2004

There was never a 2nd season made? The rest of the manga aren't animated, the last time I checked (Heheh last year :p ).

More Berserk?? - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 07-08-2004

Are they animating any more of it?? Cause that would be freaking great if they were. Anybody know anything??

No.

More Berserk?? - Shinn Asuka - 07-08-2004

Media Blasters is pushing money to Miura. Miura keeps telling them no.

Don't hold your breath.

More Berserk?? - evilomar - 07-09-2004

The show did horrible in Japan, mainly becuase of the time slot, it was on real late. The manga is still going if you are interested in that. I actually liked the way the TV series ended, it made me feel dirty and I liked that!!! There was rumor that a second season was being produced, but that rumor has been going on since 97. There is more of a following for Berserk here in the states than in the land of the rising sun. So maybe like Big 0, we could push for a second season.

More Berserk?? - Nina182B - 07-09-2004

Start reading the mangas! My plan too since I really wanna know what happens afterwards.

Evilomar, Asaka is really beautiful! Unlike a lot of the pretty soft talking anime girls, she's tough, knows how to fight, tanned, short haired... rugged in a sexy way. She is one of my favorite anime characters. The ending was pretty dirty.. I felt bad for her.

More Berserk?? - Andromeda18_ - 07-09-2004

Yeah, you should really read the manga. That way not only will you be able to find out what happens afterwards but you'll also learn about a lot of things that were omitted in the anime. You can either download the scanlations or buy the manga that's being published by Dark Horse.
I also read something about a 2nd season but like evilomar said it's probably just a rumour. Maybe when Miura finishes the manga he'll allow a 2nd season.

More Berserk?? - ZODDGUTS - 07-09-2004

Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
The show did horrible in Japan, mainly becuase of the time slot, it was on real late. The manga is still going if you are interested in that. I actually liked the way the TV series ended, it made me feel dirty and I liked that!!! There was rumor that a second season was being produced, but that rumor has been going on since 97. There is more of a following for Berserk here in the states than in the land of the rising sun. So maybe like Big 0, we could push for a second season.

Not exactly, actually it got pretty good ratings than expected at that time slot. Also there's more fans in Japan than in the U.S. every time a new volume (of the manga) is release it always is in the top ten in Newtype magazine vol 25 was in #9 in sales. If berserk wasn't that popular than why would they other in Japan to make Two games one was a dreamcast another one is in the making for the PS2 made by Yukes the same company that makes all those WWE Smackdown games.

More Berserk?? - Vicious - 07-09-2004

I don't read manga, but I make an exception in this case. I'm buying it as it's being released in the US, and despite only reading 3 volumes so far, it is very different than the anime.

More Berserk?? - Nina182B - 07-09-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
and despite only reading 3 volumes so far, it is very different than the anime.

Do you mean the very first 3 volumes of the series, or the 3 volumes after the anime ended? I'm wondering because I was going to buy the ones right after the anime ended when it comes out, but if you say they're really different, I'll probably wanna start buying them now from the beginning.

More Berserk?? - Vicious - 07-09-2004

I'm talking about volumes 1-3. So far none of this stuff was in the anime. They've already introduced Femto in the 3rd volume of the manga. I'm sure some Berserk fanatic could let you know for sure, but I've heard that volumes 4-13 are what the anime is based on.

More Berserk?? - ZODDGUTS - 07-09-2004

Here some screens for the PS2 game a demo has been release in japan a few weeks ago.

http://users.adelphia.net/%7echayanne/Berserk/Berserk1.html

You can view the two trailers at www.gametrailers.com look at the Alphabetic B section and scroll down to Berserk title.

Oh in the screens it shows the Berserk Armor. So the game takes place during the manga in vol 24 or 25 up to vol 27. It's also shown in the shorter trailer verison at gametrailers.com

More Berserk?? - Andromeda18_ - 07-09-2004

Like I said in my previous post there are a lot of things in the manga that were omitted in the anime and that in my opinion are quite important, so Nina182B you should start reading the manga from the beginning. However, if you prefer finding out what happened afterwards then you should download the scanlations and start reading from volume 13 (or 14, I'm not certain now) but I must tell you that some things aren't going to make much sense to you. There's a really important character in the manga that didn't show up in the anime. He's the one that saves Gatsu (Guts) from that hell he was in in the end of the anime but you only see that in the manga.

More Berserk?? - lambrt429 - 07-09-2004

How much do the mangas cost?? I would love to find out what the heck happens. Oh, and where would i get them from... is that and internet source...?

Thx a bunch!!! Big Grin

More Berserk?? - Cidien - 07-09-2004

Ok i'm kind of pissed now. I want a second season! lol Just finished watching the last episode a few minutes ago. Guess i'll have to go the same route Vicious is going and make an exception to buy the mangas.