Import Anime Forums
Old HK Cases - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Old HK Cases (/thread-3209.html)

Old HK Cases - Ryoku Slayer - 05-27-2004

Has any of you ever received a AV boxset that had a dvd case (not a gatefold) as the case and a spindle thingie inside as the disk holders. I am fascinated in this. Can someone explain to to me a little more. I want to know if the spindle thingie is secure for the disks. Also if possible can someone scan me a pic of the inside? Smile

Old HK Cases - Last Exile - 05-27-2004

not sure i have!
new disc sets from Fx are diffrent already before they had a middle holder for the disc like most R1 2 disc sets and now there are diffrent ones with a holder on each side like the reg R1 sets ! so the middle part doesnt exsist ! the ones wit the middle sets that i think you are talkign about well they hld the cd its just hard to open it and i feel it might scratch the disc easier cause the back isnt really solid there are holes.

ill tak a pic of those if you want but i think you want something else ! i havent gotten any AV sets yet !

sorry !
hope it helps !

-LE

Can you take a pic of them. It would help me a whole bunch!

Old HK Cases - Amethyst - 05-27-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Has any of you ever received a AV boxset that had a dvd case (not a gatefold) as the case and a spindle thingie inside as the disk holders. I am fascinated in this. Can someone explain to to me a little more. I want to know if the spindle thingie is secure for the disks. Also if possible can someone scan me a pic of the inside? Smile

Well I'm not going to scan it right now... lol.. but I do think I know what you are talking about... the hub holds more than one DVD and it locks/twists on to the end of the spindle... I have a set that has Saint Seiya Hades Chapter in it, and it holds about 6 DVD's. Haven't had a problem with it holding the DVD's in place, I wouldn't want to ship them that way because they would tend to rub against one another in shipping.

WHat is the packaging like, I mean the case, is it a standard dvd case?

Old HK Cases - vonhufflepuff - 05-28-2004

yeah i got a few. the first rahaphon and tokyo pig sets i got did that. i really hate them. but i haven't gotten one in a while.

Old HK Cases - Amethyst - 05-28-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
WHat is the packaging like, I mean the case, is it a standard dvd case?

It is a deeper case than a standard DVD case... It looks like one of the cases that will hold 4 or 6 DVD's but without the tray insert that hold the DVD's in place. At first I wasn't crazy about it either because it could be very easy to lose the locking spindle hub nut... and it has to go on a certain way, but after adding all the other disks to complete that set, it is a good way of doing it since you can send that case out with the first disk of a series and then just add the disks as they come out, they could be shipped in white paper envelope sleeves instead of a case since you'd already have the case holder for it to go in.

Old HK Cases - rav96 - 06-01-2004

sounds interesting not come across anything like that but ive only been into HK since the beginning of this year

Old HK Cases - Rei1781 - 06-08-2004

My Tekkaman, The Space Knight by AV came in that different dvd case...IMO they are secure..AS used to have sets ship out that way (Initial D set)..