Import Anime Forums
Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) (/thread-2914.html)

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - orochi_greg - 04-20-2004

Hi there!

I see that the Haibane Renmei boxset from FX is available here on Import Anime. Did anyone already buy it?
I guess that FX boxset is a good set cause all R1 dvd's are released, but i'd want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - vonhufflepuff - 04-23-2004

I just got mine today and the quality is absolutely stellar. I highly recommend this set.

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - EvAngel - 04-23-2004

I received it too yesterday and I just put it in my DVD player just to see if it worked ( Fx's first DVD batch are often problematic): everything seemed to work fine( I only browsed through the menus).

The bad thing is that, like the Lain set, Fx put 4 episodes on the first disk and the other 9 on the second DVD.

BTW, I don't know if FX often does that with 13 episodes set, but the 2 DVDs are in a simple and "plain" DVD case, not in one of those SUPER NICE (IMO) gatefolds which makes it look "alone" besides all the others nice gatefolds on the shelf...

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - Last Exile - 04-23-2004

i ordered mine on tue. shipped wednesday and ill get it some time next week! ill let you know it looks like a good set !

i have about 5 other titles from FX coming. including FMP !

cant wait !
im on king of bandits jing and Maharomatic season 2 ~!
with a good 7 other titles im in the middle of too!

-LE

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - orochi_greg - 04-24-2004

Thanks all !

I'll receive that box next week i think. I've buyed King Of Bandit Jing too, i hope it'll be a good anime... I've been told chara design and backgrounds were awful.

Idem... i can't wait!!

See ya!

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - vonhufflepuff - 04-24-2004

I've been watching King Of Bandit Jing for a week or so, its nothing special really just kinda average. but Haibane Renmei is really a grate show.

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - Last Exile - 04-24-2004

king of bandits jing is awesome !
the first episode is so so so so good. the designs and backgrounds shift from episode to episode. its a great show its like 5 episodes into the series where the town is awesome ! if you like action and comedy titles you will love this one !

-LE

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - orochi_greg - 04-25-2004

yeeaahh!

Thks Last Exile!

I hope i'll receive my boxsets this week.. I'll make a Habaine FX review as soon as i've seen it.

See ya

Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) - rugrats1 - 04-25-2004

Quote:The bad thing is that, like the Lain set, Fx put 4 episodes on the first disk and the other 9 on the second DVD.

BTW, I don't know if FX often does that with 13 episodes set

I recall the other Haibane sets, at least the TV-ripped AV and MI sets, were also formatted the same way, with 4 and 9. Don't know why it's so, though they could do at least 7 and 6.