The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
R1 rip predictions - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: R1 rip predictions (/thread-2464.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

R1 rip predictions - matthewmalay - 02-17-2004

Since we always get "when is so and so series Perfect Collection gonna get released" threads I decided to make a thread about my predictions on what Perfect sets we will see in the next few months. They are kinda obvious though.

Full Metal Panic
.hack//Sign
Chobits
Haibane Renmei.

Thats all I can think of right now, Fx will probably release those 1st as MAC isn't as fast as Fx as they tend just to rip fx releases or do older series that don't have a perfect collection so far. FMP is ADV so I expect a "Animation World International Limited" or "unmarked".

Anyone else have any other guesses.

Check out http://www.animeondvd.com for release dates of R1 anime DVDs.

R1 rip predictions - Shinn Asuka - 02-17-2004

Sailormoon R Uncut [We can hope...]
Sailormoon Super S [MAC is doing it! Woohoo! ... It's gonna be a few months though. It's on their list of things to rip, however.]

R1 rip predictions - Arcon - 02-17-2004

Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
Thats all I can think of right now, Fx will probably release those 1st as MAC isn't as fast as Fx as they tend just to rip fx releases or do older series that don't have a perfect collection so far.

That used to be true, now MAC & FX do there own set's for the most part. The reason MAC is in general slow, is that MAC doesent focus on speed as mutch as FX, but to claim every set they release these day's is a FX rip, is totaly wrong.

R1 rip predictions - spawn - 02-17-2004

tenchi gxp here I think it comes out in march or april

R1 rip predictions - Peter - 02-17-2004

The only title that comes in mind is Snow Fairy Sugar, the last DVD cames out a week ago.

I'd expect a Zeta Gundam FX or MAC Perfect Rip by January. [Zeta R1 boxset comes out on September 7th]

Probably a Gundam SEED Perfect Collection by then as well [as it airs in May]

R1 rip predictions - Vicious - 02-17-2004

This thread doesn't seem very helpful since it's all speculation and now you're talking about series that haven't even started being released yet (ie. tenchi GXP and Gundam Seed) and aren't going to be ripped until next year.

I think pretty much anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that basically any popular series will be ripped about a month after the final DVD is released.

Other than that, simply listing titles that are going to be released on DVD later this year, isn't of much use. If we're going to do it that way, then Scryed, Last Exile, Witch Hunter Robin, and Azumanga Daioh will be eventually ripped as well. Did that last sentence surprise anyone? Didn't think so.

You're always such a party crasher. Go home, Vicious :P

Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
You're always such a party crasher. Go home, Vicious Tongue

I know. But it's the truth. We're basically just saying names of popular series that are licensed to be released R1 soon since we all know that they're ripping pretty much anything that's coming out on DVD as of late.

I know matthew was trying to help noobies out. But the best advice to give them is to go do some research and find out what's licensed and when the final DVD for that series is being released. then wait about a month after that date and you should have your rip.

Unfortunately still no Sorcerer Hunter boxset [but you can get the R1 boxset for $35... same price as the HK would be, thereabouts... no real argument there]

I wasnt really trying to help newbies out but wanted to see what titles were on peoples mind and maybe have something too look forward too that I didnt expect to be ripped.

Of course it's all speculation but its fun to speculate about things and it let's us see what titles other users here are looking forward too and titles that slipped our mind (I wouldn't mind seeing a Snow Fairy Sugar R1 rip). This is a discussion board and we are discussing what on upcoming titles might be. Some might come true, some might not and some are a long ways ahead but I don't see any harm in talking about it.

@Acron, I find it interesting that MAC is doing their own rips now, the easy way was to just rip Fx stuff but I guess those guys at MAC have some pride of their own. Its just sometimes an fx set gets released and then a week later we see the same series on the MAC coming soon page and one can't help but assume to they will just rip the fx version. Haven't bought much MAC recently though cause Import-Anime now sells fx at the same price.

Also I wonder if MAC will start ripping other AnimEigo titles now that they've done Macross.

R1 rip predictions - Robojack - 02-17-2004

I'd like to point out that MAC did an excellent rip of the Vandread series. Both the First and Second Stage were ripped beautifully, with super sharp video (the best I've seen from an HK-DVD) and virtually perfect subs (R1-ripped of course). The only gripe I have is the white subs they like to use, which often contrasts too much with the actual animation itself, causing more eyestrain than if yellow text was used.

Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
The only gripe I have is the white subs they like to use, which often contrasts too much with the actual animation itself, causing more eyestrain than if yellow text was used.

White subs with thin black outlines are better than no subs at all Wink

If the Vandread rips were all on DVD9s its pretty much a straight rip of the R1s cause they were on DVD5s.

Well, if that's the case. If it's what titles we would like to see ripped, then that's a different story.

And speaking of Sugar, I just finished watching the last episode about 10 minutes ago. I liked the series much more than I thought I would. But it's still a little too much on the cute side for me to buy and watch again.

Let's see what titles am I not buying R1 right now that I would like to see ripped. I'd like to see Someday's Dreamers, Gunparade March, Angelic Layer, Happy Lesson and Sherlock Hound. All of them were much better than I anticipated being, although I'm not sure if I want to shell ut the R1 cash for them. I might eventually give in and end up buying Gunparade March and Happy Lesson on R1's. The only one of those I haven't seen is Sherlock Hound, but it always looks interesting whenever I see a trailer for it.

R1 rip predictions - Peter - 02-17-2004

There's also Louie the Rune Soldier, the last R1 DVD came out 2 weeks ago.