The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Our Friends at Animeigo - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Our Friends at Animeigo (/thread-1439.html)

Pages: 1 2

Our Friends at Animeigo - Prophet Hero - 06-28-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Damn, I have Tylor HK's, so I don't get any translaors notes for that.

Actually, Kenshin has translators notes on every disc. And Animeigo always includes notes on little recipe cards for all their releases.

That's good to know - I've still got Kenshin to watch.

I've only got Oh My Goddess and two YUA boxsets, but I'm impressed with Animeigo's efforts. If only all releases were like that.

Our Friends at Animeigo - yakumo - 06-28-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
That's good to know - I've still got Kenshin to watch.

I've only got Oh My Goddess and two YUA boxsets, but I'm impressed with Animeigo's efforts. If only all releases were like that.

and if they weren't that expensive as wellWink

Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
and if they weren't that expensive as wellWink

Damn straight.

I can't afford them direct and only bought the YUA boxsets after they were released to other sites at 'reasonable' prices.

Our Friends at Animeigo - Shibo - 06-28-2003

Yeah, Animeigo is not cheap.. I had to buy the Urusei Yatsura Boxes since they're "limited editions" and will soon sell out per their website.. YUA boxes are apparently not limited which hopefully means I can get them whenever the heck I want and not feel like I have to get them right away or I'll never be able to get them.. I bought Macross on ebay after that box was discontinued.. There are still a few KOR boxes left over a year later.. hopefully those of us who love that series have already taken the plunge and bought that box.. cause when it's gone, it's gone.

I always wanted to split a thread. Big Grin I moved this stuff from the what are you watching now thread.

Animeigo is by far my favorite US Anime company. I just got the first 3 UY boxes in the mail on Thursday. They sent me a T-shirt which I'm wearing right now. The front has a small animeigo logo on the top left of it, and the back has a big picture of a snail on it. It says "Anime for Otaku. Made Real Slow." on the top, and under the snail it says "Speedy the Snail, the Animeigo Mascot." I think it's pretty funny. Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Shibo
I always wanted to split a thread. Big Grin I moved this stuff from the what are you watching now thread.

I wondered what was going on - I hardly ever start threads.

There's no doubt that Animeigo is a top notch company. I can't blame them for cracking down on HKs because they really do make the effort. Even though I never watch them I know the dubs are supposed to be first-class. However, it's the subs that do it for me - a sensible script translation, sensibly placed translations for signs and different colours for different speakers/songs.

Shame I can't get the UY boxsets even if I could afford them, but at least I can (eventually) get the rest of YUA.

I take it you're not in the US/Canada? If you ever really do want them, just drop me a line and we'll work something out. That goes to anyone overseas who wants Animeigo stuff.. It's not too much of a hassle for me to order you the stuff and then ship it out to you, just as long as you paypal me first so I don't have to spend money to order you anime. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Shibo
I take it you're not in the US/Canada? If you ever really do want them, just drop me a line and we'll work something out. That goes to anyone overseas who wants Animeigo stuff.. It's not too much of a hassle for me to order you the stuff and then ship it out to you, just as long as you paypal me first so I don't have to spend money to order you anime. Wink

That's very decent of you, sir!

Now if I just had loads of cash...

Actually, I'm happy with my KOR HKs (the missing subs do bug me, however), but I am interested in the news that Animeigo is releasing a OVAs + Movie set in a few months. I'll admit that I haven't actually 'seen' how it really ends.

I'll be buying that.. Actually I've already pre-ordered it. I haven't seen that part of the ending myself, although I do have the second movie, which I loved. I can't wait till the new box set comes out. It'll be like revisiting some old friends. =)

Our Friends at Animeigo - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 06-28-2003

I have the KOR Box Set and the YUA Box Sets on DVD. I own the first 25 volumes of Urusei Yatsura on VHS. Good stuff.

Shibo pick up the YUA Sets. It's way better than UY. Though UY has it's moments. :p

Our Friends at Animeigo - kakomu - 06-28-2003

I remember many times reading that Animeigo was selling Macross in limited quantities and that when it's sold out, it won't ever be available again...Now after a while I realised people were talking about the LE box. I'm not worried in the least that the box is going to be sold out. Boxes annoy me anyways, I like to just pull the case out of the shelf and pull the DVD out, not pry 6-10 DVD Art box out, slide a DVD box out (which can be tough depending on Relative humidity, temperature, amount of use and cleanliness of the boxes) and then continue from that point. The boxes aren't worth it in the least (and the current going rate of $10-$20 on top of DVD costs for an art box is sickening).

On a side note, I resent everyone not mentioning that the box was limited edition and not the DVDs.

Our Friends at Animeigo - neoEIN - 06-28-2003

I've read and watched some Ranma manga and anime. Oddly that it never really appeal much to me. Same goes with Maison Ikkoku, I 've watched set 1 of 2 HKDVD and find story has become lame and boring. I've watched Inu Yasha since ep1 and now I simply d/l the digisub. Yet, after reading thread like this and positive review in AoD, I have second thoughts if I should try out UY.

I have nothing against shojo or comedy because I like Kodomo no Omocha, PitaTen, Pretear....

Anyway, $90 for 20 eps (each boxset of set 1,2,3) (excluding S/H + custom) is quite expensive (UY TV has 195 eps).

Is there any place that sells it for less?

Our Friends at Animeigo - kakomu - 06-28-2003

Your only bet is ebay. AnimeIgo has a tendancy to sell from their website only in the US only (and then complains about how they are a small company. If they expanded a little bit, I'm sure they'd sell a bit more of their merchandise).

Our Friends at Animeigo - matthewmalay - 06-28-2003

AnimeIgo can only sell their products in the US and Canada from their website cause their license only covers that region, they can get in serious trouble if they start selling overseas directly from their site. If you live outside North Amercica you've got to buy from a reseller