Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Technical DVD questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, answers to these questions would really help me in my reviews. Here's the situations.
My Hellsing 3 disc MAC set. The last disc has a whole lot of wierd circles on it's bottom. This disc has a problem with two episodes where it starts getting those mutli colored squares on it, video and sound go whacky, it skips, ya know, that situation. I beleive it's refered to as pixelation, maybe? Anyways, is this because of the circles or encoding?
I ask about encoding because on my Getter Robo DVD set, two DVDs have this problems. An episode or two on each does the same as mentioned above, but on these discs there are no visible marks, scratches, circles, or anything else. This one has a solution though, as I fast forward past the problem, then rewind back to where it started, and it's fine. Is this an encoding problem, or something else?
I'm having trouble distinguishing problems that are maybe just my set, or the possible whole release. Please help me with this Smile
I had the same problem (the one in the Getter Robo DVD) w/ a region 1 DVD. I tried it on another player and it worked fine. Don't know if that would help but it's a thought . . .
It does help actually, as this means it could just be my DVD player in need of some maintenace. It's about 2 or 3 years old now, never been cleaned once -_-. I'll try the above mentioned discs on another player to see hat's up.
hmmmmm..... odd....... I will just say two words disc doctor. :mrgreen:
If you're player is older, then you might have a small compatibility issue...
It sounds like your dvd player is having problems. Because pixelization is where you can see small blocks around sharp egdes in the video and other small problems or when it moves to a fast screen and you see alot of blocks.. those blocks that you are talking about is because again sounds like a problem with your dvd player reading the video data and that is also why the audio has problems not just the video.
also, want to add that some pixilation DOES come from DVD... i have alot of Bloodlust dvds that werent pressed very well i guess and at the end of the movie it goes nuts with pixilation... but i watched it on a newer dvd player and the pixilation is actually not that bad... so its not always the DVD PLAYER thats the problem but newer dvd players actually compinsate better.

now that thats said, anyone wanna buy some Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for $4 a peice (plus shipping) they have pixilation issues but with newer dvd players it wouldnt be too much of a biggie.
Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

also, want to add that some pixilation DOES come from DVD... i have alot of Bloodlust dvds that werent pressed very well i guess and at the end of the movie it goes nuts with pixilation... but i watched it on a newer dvd player and the pixilation is actually not that bad... so its not always the DVD PLAYER thats the problem but newer dvd players actually compinsate better.

now that thats said, anyone wanna buy some Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for $4 a peice (plus shipping) they have pixilation issues but with newer dvd players it wouldnt be too much of a biggie.

But that isn't pixelization.. thats Macroblock reading errors. ;o)
heh same differance to me Smile
Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

hmmmm..... I am getting a new dvd player pretty soon so I would be interested. how long is this offer up?