Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Setting up your perfect message board/ chat forum RPG

Ok you have somewhat of a good foundation for the RPG, but it has so many holes in it it could give swiss cheese a run for it?s money. Now I?m not completely knocking your idea -- it?s actually a very good idea and you do have some key ideas to success which are...
+A job system
+A basic status setup
+An item system
+Special attacks
+A certain type of currency

Now, on to the minuses...

-A less than basic Job System
-Not enough items (I know that you are working on it...)
-Not enough specifics on the special attacks (In other words, nothing to work for)
-How do you get money? (I probably wasn?t paying attention, so please forgive me...)
-Not enough stats... (I?ll help and not just critisize...K? ^__^?)

Job Class System

Ok you should at least include the four basic categories -- Strength, Mana (or magic), Speed, and Technique. And then get into specifics.... Here is a table I have comprised for specific categories...
*Strength Magic Speed Technique
Squire (SQ) Cleric or White Mage Thief Bard
Knight (KN) Wizard or Black Mage Ninja Dancer
Samurai (SA) Summoner Archer Chemist
Lancer (LA) Oracle Trainer
Monk (MK) Time Mage Mime
Berserker (BZ) Geomancer Calculator
Fighter (FI) Blue Mage Mediator
Red Mage

Now with each one of these classes, you?re going to want to add a small description for each class (I can send you the descriptions if you don?t have the time to write them down...)

Now on to Add-Ons!!!
End of page 1>>>

Add-Ons

Add-Ons are absolutely essential if you want an RPG to succeed. Things like character interaction, a plot (I?ll help you on that one...), Side Quests, the ability to form organizations (Guilds, Corporations, Town Gangs), and a lot of different spells & skills for every class, as well as a souped up combat system and status display. Here is an example...

Status
TeaganNash
Samurai Lv.1 $100.00
HP 15/15 MP 5/5 AP 10 DP 7
Equip:Wood Katana, Sacred Robe, Geta Sandals
Skills: Rave Combo Spells: Fire Sword

All battles are in real time and there is no mercy in combat. Attacks must be executed swiftly and with creativity. Victory will be rewarded with Yen(Money) and EXP. EXP is given out based on the defeated opponents status and level. Money is dispensed based on half of what the opponents savings are... And you start out with 5000 yen, which seems like alot but it really isn?t... Considering the price of items... Here they are...

Weapons

Novice Sword (STR+5) (SQ,KN,SA,RM,BZ,FI,BM,NI) .................750yen
Novice Staff(Holy Attribute,Mana+3)(WM,RM,BM,TM,CH,SM) .... 250yen
Novice Rod (STR+2,Mana+4) (WI,OR,SM) ..............................500yen
Novice Knife(STR+4,AGI+2)(SQ,TH,CH,RM,BM,,BZ)................550yen

Armor

Leather Armor(DEF+3)(SQ,KN,LA,TH,RM,BM,AR,NI,BZ) .............1000yen
Iron Armor (ResistFire,DEF+5)(SQ,KN,SA,LA,FI,BZ) .............2500yen
Cloth Cape (ResistCold,DEF+2)(All Classes)............................. 750yen
Cloth Robe (AGI+2,DEF+2) (WM,RM,BM,TM,CH,SM,WI,OR,TH)..800yen

Item

Potion(Heals the HP of one person a little).....................................50yen
Hi-Potion (Heals the HP of one person a lot )...............................150yen
X-Potion (Heals the HP of one person completely).........................100yen
Ether (Heals the MP of one person a little)....................................250yen
MegaEther(Heals the MP of one person a lot)................................500yen
Elixir(Heals all HP & MP of one person)......................................1000yen
Antidote (Heals Poison Status of one person).............................. .50yen
Soft(Heals Stoned Status of one person).....................................100yen
Tent (Heals all HP & MP of all characters)(Only Before Battle).......500yen
Cottage (Heals all HP & MP of all characters and gives 5 points to distribute)2000yen

End of Page 2>>>

Events
Now as it stands there aren?t many weapons to choose from for all of the classes in the beginning. This is where events come into play. Events are opportunities to allow players to unlock new items in the overall shop. Once in a while, registered players will receive a private message asking them a certain question. Based on how they answer these questions will determine what kind of item they get. If it is a new item that is not in the shop it will be added to the list and priced accordingly. If it isn?t to much of a problem with you, I would like to be in charge of the store and asking the promotional questions. If everything with Schultz works out, we could set up six threads inside of the RPG thread....

1.Registered Users Bios
2.Quest Mode
3.Shop Mode
4.Suggestions Thread
5.Battle Arena
6.Bank

Here is how each individual thread works...

1.Registered Users Bios

This area is like an enormous instruction booklet that will contain the complete profiles of each and every last registered user in the RPG, this way the character won?t have to explain his background everytime someone asks him because it will be listed in the thread. This will also list all of the players skills and spells. Next....

2.Quest Mode

This is the main game. Since you are the one who had the idea (Even though I was the one who started the original concept...) you will be in charge of how things work out... on to the next thread...

3.Shop Mode

This is the shop where you buy weapons, armor, and items. If it is ok with you, I would really like to be in charge of the store so that I can update the inventory and keep up with the constantly changing stock. I can also keep track of how much money the store has made. This money can either be distributed amongst all players or all moderators. Next...

4.Suggestions Thread

I think this is pretty self-explanatory...

5.Battle Arena

Friends can wager a certain amount of money on their own fight or someone elses.

6.Bank

Since you lose half your funds when you die, put some money away here.
End of Page 3>>>
The job system sounds uncannily to that of Final Fantasy Tactics. It is a good Idea!
{EDIT} That was sarcasm by the way{EDIT}
Because it IS the job system from Final Fantasy Tactics. Confusedweatdrop:

Actually, it's a combination of the job system in FF5 and FFTactics. Cool avatar Suzaku. :mrgreen:
I also threw in the bank from DW7. But it's probably not the only RPG with a bank system. Games like EarthBound had ATM machines...