Import Anime Forums

Full Version: R0 dvd plater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know where online where you can buy region zero dvd players, I am going to buy a new one and I thought that a dvd player of this type my prove useful. I would buy one from this site if they were avalible (looking at the latest poll) but i am trying to get one asap and I do not want to watchh dvds on my ps2 forever.
Quote:Originally posted by "OptimisticOx"

does anyone know where online where you can buy region zero dvd players, I am going to buy a new one and I thought that a dvd player of this type my prove useful. I would buy one from this site if they were avalible (looking at the latest poll) but i am trying to get one asap and I do not want to watchh dvds on my ps2 forever.

Use this site for info about players..
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks

Currently i have the Daewoo 4000s

which has a Keyboard hack to get it region free..
thanks for the help, I dont have the most cash right now, so I picked this one: http://www.dc-dvd.net/index.php?action=d...o%20Player

check it out, I am kinda unsure about this whole situation, and I would like to know if there is anything wrong with it in comparison to what I am looking for. Confusedweatdrop:
supposedly Apex DVD players are easy to hack into to make region free.
Check out the boards at this site to learn more about Apex DVD hacks
www.nerd-out.com

Another related question, what dvd players can convert PAL to NTSC, I have to able to make it region free to cause I wanna get some PAL R2 DVDs
nice, thanks for the help, everyone :mrgreen: and I think I found a dvd player that I want, it may not me the most glamorous or the most expensive but it is pretty good quality and gets the job done. :mrgreen:
thats all that matters, it gets the job done, with out the bells and whistles it doenst need
well, I might by some bells and whistles along the way but for now I just need the basics, later I might want to get some sarround sound going in my room, but for now all I need is my anime my tv and a dvd player. :mrgreen:
Well, most DVD players come with an optical out so you can plug it in to your receiver for DTS sound.
yeah, I guess so, i am not exactly what you would call an expert on this sort of stuff. :mrgreen:
Ok, I think that I will get the one on the link above, it may not be the flashiest but it looks pretty nice. :mrgreen:
Be careful with some of the regionless players you get off the net. Most of them are just regular R1 players that have been modified. The seller actually has to open up the machine and replace a chip or two. They'll be fine if the seller knows what they're doing. Apex are really cheap and models like 1500 only require some software flash to be R0...no opening or soddering involved. You should check out www.vcdhelp.com for some of the flashable type players. They're all pretty cheap.
yeah I was e-mailing with him and he said that he had a team doing it, it looks like the site has had quite a bit of success so I will trust them, but I havnt boughten the player yet so I will check out the site you gave me. :mrgreen:
That site is the same as the one Schultz posted earlier :wink:
yeah, but it is a different part of it,.... well anyway getting off topic I just ordered some books on japanese from amazon, ....just countin the days, heheh :mrgreen: