Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New sellers on EBAY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've noticed a trend on EBay as of late. there's alot of sellers on there with 0 ratings and shades trying to sell alot of high priced anime. For instance theres 1 guy on there right now selling, Gundam Wing Complete Operations, Tenchi Universe Box Set, Trigun Box Set, and Fushigi Yugi Suzaku and Seiryu box sets. All R1 and sealed. The picture the faggot is using are off some store site, cuz one of em says 10% off on them. and they all just happen to end within 15 minutes of each other. What is that, like $800 worth of stuff? What a fuckin dick. It could be someone legit, but you know most likely it's some asshole trying to rip people off. I've seen alot of this recently with anime. People must think anime fans are dumbasses or something. Anyways, just wanted to vent my frustration. And OO, do me a favor and please don't jack this thread. :? Confusedweatdrop:
hehe, bet you they are HKs but he just used pictures of R1s

When looking for R1s online go with online stores instead of ebay. dvdpricesearch.com is a good place to check out
No, trust me, I've seen this alot lately. He's got pics of R!'s and the bidding for each starts off really high. I'm sure anybody that pays him will never see their stuff. Anyways, I found another person trying to sell high priced anime. I emailed him to see if I could pick it up in person. Here's what I wrote

"This is in reference to your auction for Fushigi Yugi Seiryu. I was wondering where in VA you are located. Because I'm in VA and would be willing to meet you to complete the transaction if I'm the winning bidder. No offense, but this is your first item on EBAY and you've been a registered member for 1 day now and this is an expensive item, so I would prefer it, if I could pick it up in person. I'm just trying to be careful. Please let me know if that would be OK with you. Also, you didn't list if it was sealed or not, or what type of condition the set is in. Thanks."

I'll let you guys know what the response is, but I don't think I'll be getting one.
Quote:Originally posted by "vicious"

And OO, do me a favor and please don't jack this thread. :? Confusedweatdrop:

ok, I will stay on topic for this.
I dont really use Ebay, but if I did I wouldnt go around buying a $800 bundle from someone I dont even know.
No, my bad. It's not a bundle. It's like 5 different auctions. 1 for each boxset. So he's potentially ripping off like 5 different people.
oh I see, yeah if the same user was doing that then yes you would assume that, if I wanted to rip someone off like that (hipothetically speaking) I would have 5 different user names.

yeah, it does sound odd that he would do that, but maybe he just lost interest in anime (although I cant see how anyone would) and he wanted to sell abunch of it.
And the very 1st thing he decides to sell is brand new, really expensive anime? Not just like 1 disc of Akira, but boxsets of crap that is about as expensive as it gets for anime. I'm pretty sure it's a scam. My rating's like 133, so I've been on there awhile. It smells fishy.
my rating is 1, I bought other stuff but those fuckers didnt leave me any positive feedback even when I gave them positive feedback
yeah, do you know how much a bunch of old pokemon cards would go for? :mrgreen: used to collect them but now they really dont have any use.
Not much. I checked for my brother a couple weeks back. Unless they're 1st edition or something like that, they don't go for much anymore.
yeah probably not worth a thing, I have a friend that still likes them (believe it or not, lol!) and I think he would pay like $15 and then I wouldn have to go through ebay. :mrgreen:
I hate those e-bay bastards ripping people off with HK's or just never giving you stuff! :mrgreen:
yeah, that is part of the reason I dont use Ebay,... that and Im lazy :mrgreen:
Actually, if you're careful about it and buy from people with decent ratings, you should be allright. I've only gotten ripped off once so far. A long time ago I bought this deluxe figure of Son Goku and the guy never sent it to me. He was from overseas and he only took cash. I lost like $30 or $40. Never again will I send cash. What's even worse is when people bid on your auctions and then don't pay. That's happened to me alot.
Pages: 1 2