Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Missing subs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading some reviews, and noticed that almost every AS/MAC set ripped from the R1s have missing subs. Kinda strange, but then I remembered one thing that was occurring to me too. I like to play with DivX, video editing and the such and when I was ripping subs with Subrip I noticed that it was losing some lines here and there! You ended having 2-4 lines less than the total of sub-pics.
This prog uses an OCR algorithm to estract the text of the subs, because they are stored as small bitmaps on the DVDs. And so I thought... maybe AS/MAC is/was using an old version of it? I checked the latest changelog and the bug is now fixed (2002/05/19 SubRip 0.98b).
I was wondering do you think we should write them to update their software?
But I fear they'll just tell me to please gonna f**k myself... :roll: :roll:
It's worth a shot
There probably gonna say

We think it, coz good k

thanks, thks
Quote:Originally posted by "Cipo"

I checked the latest changelog and the bug is now fixed (2002/05/19 SubRip 0.98b).
I was wondering do you think we should write them to update their software?
But I fear they'll just tell me to please gonna f**k myself... :roll: :roll:

Actually you are even outdated with the version that you use.. ;o)
http://zuggy.wz.cz/

But i don't know exactly what they use.. With dvd authoring there ARE alot of different methods to use.. and it all depends on what software they are using the create the original dvd's. because you can't use OCR to make a subtitle that a dvd mastering can use.. well you can if you use ssa and i can't remember the program.. it think Mastero.. but not sure.. so i think its a little bit more then just this program. And i highly doubt that they use Subrip.. Since when encoding dvd's you also need bmp files to encode to the dvd's..
Quote:Originally posted by "Schultz"

Actually you are even outdated with the version that you use.. ;o)
http://zuggy.wz.cz/

Oh, I have the updated version, I only wanted to indicate that the bug was fixed a long time ago. :roll:
Quote:But i don't know exactly what they use.. With dvd authoring there ARE alot of different methods to use.. and it all depends on what software they are using the create the original dvd's. because you can't use OCR to make a subtitle that a dvd mastering can use.. well you can if you use ssa and i can't remember the program.. it think Mastero.. but not sure.. so i think its a little bit more then just this program. And i highly doubt that they use Subrip.. Since when encoding dvd's you also need bmp files to encode to the dvd's..

Well, then they are very good at screwing up things :mrgreen:
Or simply they are always too much on a hurry...