Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Love Hina Tokyopop manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know if Tokyopop Love Hina manga is editted? I heard that they edit a lot of the stuff they release.
So far what I have read of it hasn't been edited. I only bought it because the guy at my local comic shop thought I would be interested. It is pretty close to the japanese for the most part. Although the bilingual ones form kodansha are better. Big Grin So go ahead and get them. Big Grin Big Grin It is a very good manga. Way better than the show. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I dont think so, I read the scanslations and have all of TokyoPop issues out so far and I didnt notice any differences. Sometimes you see empty white spaces in TokyoPop releases but I think thats a mistake and not edited
Cool, thanx guys. The TP version are like $4 less than the bilingual ones. I think the size of the book is bigger also. I guess I'll be blowing some money on Love Hina tomorrow.
The bilingual one's are in completely different places. As far as I know the Tokyo pop ones are the exact same content. :mrgreen:
You can download vol 9-14 here, those are exactly the volumes that arent out yet in North America

http://mangazz.host.sk/main.html

Please see the update on 17 August on instructions to download
I have a some stuff from Tokyopop, and is translated very nicely in my opinion.
What I had read of Love Hina in english was pretty close, but it was just missing something. When you read a book in japanese and then it is translated into english it loses alot. Like the english version of One Piece. He says in the japanese version " Gomu Gomu no pisutoru!" in english "Gum Gum pistol". Gomu Gomu means "rubber" in japanese. So when they change it to Gum Gum in english it changes it's meaning. That is why I prefer to read my series in japanese.

I shudder to think what Funimation is going to do to my beloved One Piece. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Is One Piece worth getting? it looks like every HK set out at the moment sucks ass.
Get it now! Why haven't you bought it yet!? Go get it! Go. Now. Now. Go Now! Big Grin
what studio does it best?

I was going to get it but then I looked at the reviews and I decieded to buy something else.
I have the FX set of the first 50 some episodes. Overall a very good set. The video is very good. Audio is great. The subs are the "bad" part. They aren't that bad. You can understand them. They get names wrong. Even though they try really hard. I have AV sets for the rest of the stuff that is out. Same subs. Go buy it the show itself outwieghs any sub problem that is on the disks. It is one of the best shows ever. EVER. GO BUY IT NOW! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ok so should I get it fx or what?
It is just a rip of AV. So go for it. You get a very attractive boxset! Go FX all the way. Big Grin Big Grin
Fx is nice but man I need good subs I'll wait another month or so
Pages: 1 2