Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Shojo-ai?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that shonen-ai or yaoi is a popular genre in Japan for anime. However what about us guys, that want a lesbian romance? Why not? I think it would sell rather well. I know Sailor Moon, My Dear Marie, Rose of Versailles, and Brother Dear Brother, have lesbian overtures, but I would like to have a series with a lesbian romance front and center. :mrgreen:
You would think that it would be a really popular topic. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Aint Utena and Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena Lesbians?
Haruka
If they aren't they certainly are in some very provacative poses. Big Grin
I agree. We need a male answer to CLAMP. Kakoi, Steve, that's your new project ^_^ Seriously though, I totally agree. There are my own scandalous reasons for wanting to see it, but I think it's totally appropriate to put in a romance of that type into animes every once in a while. If it's presented as being normal, it can only lessen the degree to which society irrationally fears and loathes people who choose those avenues of life.

Something that's actually really odd is that a girl I watch anime with is really grossed out by shounen-ai. It makes me feel guilty cause yuri drives me nuts. Women handle each other very attractively. If anything works both ways at all, I can't see how two men together wouldn't have a woman glued to the screen.

Ah, the mysteries...
I'm just suprised that it's never really happened. The thing is I'm not looking for a series that defiles anyone or anything like that. Just a cute, sweet romance between to school girls or something. I thought something like this would have to exist but I haven't seen anything like it.
You would probably turn it into something dirty. Big Grin
That's up for me to decide!!!! Actually I'm really in the mood for an ultra-cute lesbian romance-comedy. But then again who isn't? :mrgreen:
I sure am
It would be a change. I think it is a decent Idea. Big Grin
Could we actually get something started?
Maybe. Gonzo would have to do the animation. I think that they are one of the best newer studios. If it starts in a manga Hiroyuki Utatane would have to do it. Big Grin
Maybe we could con Gainax into doing it. They did Kare Kano :mrgreen:
If I told them that I would buy three copies of thier "new" Evangelion release, I'm sure that we could work something out. :mrgreen:
They new a new idea, the lazy bastards. :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2