Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Trying to remember an anime... help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember a long long time ago, back when I was like 5, there was this anime movie I absolutely loved. I think it was called Starvengers, although I'm not really sure. There were three giant robots, a red one, a blue one, and a yellow one. The yellow one was fat and tough and the blue one was all slender and stuff... I remember the first fight scene took place in the rain, and their base was like an observatory. It's been so long...

Anyone know what this was? It's been bugging me for a long time, and I just realized it was the first anime I ever saw. I also remember there was this scene where they were assaulting this base out in the middle of a body of water and the yellow robot went under the water, grew tank treads, and started ramming the base of the fortress.
It is one part of a series called Force Five. The other shows are Danguard Ace, Getter Robo, Spaceketeers, and Grandizer.
Granvengers is also known as Getter Robo G Smile
Getter Robo G huh. I'll have to pick it up if for nothing else than the rush of nostalgia. Heh, I can't wait to see it again. Is the rest of Force Five any good?
I'm not a big fan of Giant robo anime but here goes...

Danguard Ace: Decent series, very 80s style wise, don't get the R1 VHS (crushed 56 episodes into 26)

Spaceketeers: Retelling of Journey to the West as a SF giant robot adventure. Writen by the guy who wrote Captain Harlock.

Grandizer: 74 episodes I think. Never saw it.

Gaiking: Very funny show, but unintentionally so. The main character has a dream of being a baseball player until a giant robot crushes most of his team. Turns out he is a psychic and the birdmen from Zera wants to kill all psychics because the psychic energy from earth is dragging them into a black hole.
Yeah I have to agree it sounds like Getter Robos classic, Yellow mech is the tank, Blue is the jet, and red is humanoid.
Does sound like my Getter boys. Except there is no blue jet. Closes to it is Hyato's whitish jet.
Something that might help me is what country you live in. Alot of countries change the names of shows, like in Italy, Getter Robo is known as Space Robot.
I hate when America combines shows together. It's just not necessary. :x
It wasn't a combination show exactly. Each show was on 1 day per week. Although heavy editing was done Smile One of the series has 74 episodes and it was condensed down to 26. And the storyline was changed and made inane. The baseball team was destroyed in a raid in the japanese version, but the american version has them curshed by a giant robot. The main character didn't know he had psychic powers, and suddenly he is supergod with them after 2 episodes (they skipped his entire training perios and got right to the final battles). Totally terrible. See the originals not the US versions I beg of you. :wink:
Yeah, I know about the Force Five. It just aggrivated me that it was listed as one show. I think it's cool that Vinny knows that he likes Giant Robot shows. It's cool to have your "own" genre. I personally like down-to-earth romantic comedies. :mrgreen:
I like so many! Long live Getter Robo! Big Grin
GO GO NAGAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the best quote ever. :mrgreen:
Are there multiple series of Getter Robo? The one I saw was a movie I believe, and it was in the US. They actually look quite a bit like your sig Vinny, except I just remember the red one had 5 points on his head. I think Dark Osamu knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Hey sweet, is this quick reply thing new?
Anyways, yeah, I'm a whore when it comes to giant robot animes. Literally Tongue It's it's got a robot in it that's larger then normal, I'm all for it.
Funny fact: Mazinger Z is the smallest super robot. he stands at only 15 meters tall. Getter Robo is about twice that height ^_^ Here's a neat picture I found on an awesome Italian super robot site:
http://www.encirobot.com/5info/altro/alt2.jpg
I wish I knew who that big mother in the back was Smile
Pages: 1 2