Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Do they cut out scenes in HK DVDs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend has been comparing the FX cowboy bebop to the real R1 lately, and he says there are scenes missing from the FX version. All of them are small and insignificant, but he said an example is in episode one where he meets the redeye addict they cut out spike walking into the bathroom and into the stall. The scene just started with spike walking out of the stall. Also, he said when spike shoots the vial of redeye in the air, the FX version cut out a small 2 second segment where he pulls out his gun and simply cuts to the vial exploding.

Do other HK dvds do this, is this common?
I don't think they'd do that. I only know of the 08th MS Team HKs being edited. And I think it's the master they used was edited. That's they only thing I know of. Cowoby Bebop is a complete rip of the R1. It's not cut at all. Maybe your friend is just imagining things.
EDIT: I'm going to elaborate more as I wait to go get a tattoo Smile Cutting out a scene would be a lot harder for an HK company to do. They cut the scene out. Great. But now they have to rework the audio and music and other sounds to make them match up correctly. Alot more work then just leaving the scene in no matter how minor it is.
Well I don't think they would edit anything. Too much work. Look at the subs on sets, and see if they would take the time.

Vinny: What kinda Tatoo are you getting? I personally don't like them, but everybody expresses themselves differently. Get one of a talking pie beating the piss out of the hamburgalar. :mrgreen:
I was a bit skeptical myself, as I haven't actually seen it. I'll watch them myself tonight.
I figured that I would have heard about something like that a while ago if it were true. There would be alot of angry people. Big Grin
Yeah. I wonder if they could take the mosiac blocks off hentai.
I imagine so. Big Grin
I remember a 10 second scen from love hina being cut out. It was in the 1st episode, the scene was in my fansubs, maybe in the r2s it was the same
Which Love Hina set was it? And any update on the Cowboy Bebop situation yet, Vance?
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

I imagine so. Big Grin

They'd make a lot more money if they did. :mrgreen:
My Love Hina set had everything. I think. I had the first few R1's and I think all of the content was there. :? Confusedweatdrop: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Actually, yeah, they did indeed take out some small portions of at least episode 1 in Cowboy Bebop. However, I don't see why they did. It doesn't make sense. All together they sum to maybe a total of 5 seconds, and all are insignificant. It's just like some scenes start a half second later than normal after the cut.
yea, and maybe it costs more money to make, so they may cut them so they can keep them
Maybe it was a transfer problem. However I've done some nice transfers. The question is how did it happen? An audio problem is on the HK MI set of Rayearth. One episode the audio starts from the middle of the episode. In the another it's about a secondbehind. :x
Whoops, I just checked out the fansubs and KKDVD of Love Hina and there wasnt anything cut. My bad, I could have sworn soemthing was cut, I just think I'm getting old
Pages: 1 2