Import Anime Forums

Full Version: which studio is most reliable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey I'm new to the anime/HK dvd craze but have jumped in completely.

1) I need to know if there is a general rule about the companies - like which should I stay away from (bad subtitles), which is usually reliable

2) I also need to know if anyone knows which versiion of the ghibli boxed set is supririor. so far it looks as if the one with the nicer metallic box(with totoro on cover) has annoying popup watermarks yet better packaging. any help please? does the other one (white packaging -diff. studio i believe) have the same watermarks on screen for a few seconds

3) is there any specific versiion of the evangelion tv set i should get. is one company version better than another?

Well I've had good luck with FX and MI. Big Grin
Every company has it's ups and downs.
The best thing to do is read individual posts on Import-Anime and see what sort of quality you're going to get.

From what I've been seeing, the more recent releases have been higher quality than older releases (with the exception of Noir for some reason).
FX has impressed me with a few of their releases. <thumbs up>

Anyways, Zagatto is right. You should always read the individual reviews on import-anime.com

This website is a MUST-HAVE for anyone who doesn't want to get burned while purchasing HK anime.