Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Movies or Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Which do you need more? A Movie or a Series? I prefer Movies. I love a good series, but I can be happier knowing that when I watch a movie I don't need to wait to see what's next or take a week to see a conclusion. NOW MIND YOU... I mean these two as they are released. As in I mean on tv as it happens. Not a Box set or special edition with extras that were cut. DO YUO PREFER going to a theater and seeing a movie or sitting at home weekday after weekday waiting for the series to end. I enjoy themn equally but prefer a good movie. :mrgreen:
I think i perfer a Series over a movie.. I mean movies are nice for that fact is you sit down watch them and its over.. But the one thing about series is there can be more character development more story to go through.. While sometimes movies just seemed "rushed" because of the time limitation.
I prefer a series over a movie. A series has such a big payoff in the end. Especially when it was an excellent series. Trigun anyone? That show was spectacular! I bought the R1's as they came out, and because of that have seen every episode of that show at least 15X a piece ( waiting for the next volume). A good series is definetly better than a movie. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I don't really watch much on tv so I would have to say movie, although occasionally I will get hooked watching series on adult swim.
I don't watch anime on tv at all. I just buy DVDs. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I think series are infinitely better. The ending leads to something incredible, like Maison Ikkoku's. It becomes more emotional because you have a bigger attachment to the characters. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

I don't watch anime on tv at all. I just buy DVDs. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Yes I think buying is the way to go because you don't have to wait for the next episode and you can watch the anime you buy over and over if you feel like it.
I watch and rewatch anime all the time. I need to own my anime. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Yeah, tv anime sucks especially with long shows like Yu Yu Hakusho.
But buying Hakusho sucks too. $100 for 25 episodes isn't bad but the show kinda blows. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, I have watched some on adult swim and I have downloaded the first 4 episodes but I wasn't really impressed.
I'm such a man whore (look at my location), that I will buy all of Hakusho on R1. Just to be an otaku beast. :mrgreen:
Ok I am divided on the issue. A movie like Vampire D or Ninja Scroll were great in that it was fast paced nonstop action. The stories were deep but very easy to tell and no need to drag out the story. I am also very firm on this notion if there is a movie and a series out on the same anime I will watch the movie first. EscaFlowne is a good example. By watching the movie first you can be more open to the story, but if you watched the series 9 out 10 you get sick of the movie after the first 30 minutes.

In the end I think OVA's are the best of both worlds, Not very many volumes plus it short enough to be devoured in a 3 hour time.
GUN BUSTER!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I'm such a man whore (look at my location), that I will buy all of Hakusho on R1. Just to be an otaku beast. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that is probably the best solution to collecting hakusho because the current HK sets suck.

ps. nice avatar :wink: :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2 3