Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Mini Getter Robo review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks. I'm home sick today, and luckily my Getter Robo DVDs came, so i had something to keep me busy. Here's a quick review for them. I've only watched the first few episodes, so won't do an official review on it till I'm done with the show and they get it up on this here review list (hint hint Tongue )
Anyways, I'm not totally sure who it's by. I'm assuming AV, because that's what it said when I bought it off of Animeniacs. Doesn't really matter I guess. No logos anywheres on the package or in the show itself.
Video is awesome, especially for a show of it's age. No graininess or any faults in it. Very clear. Must be an LD or possibly even a DVD rip.
Sound comes through crisp and clear, too. Lot's of yelling in this show, and my TV's speakers couldn't handle it that well at the volume level I was watching it at Tongue
The subtitle part is where Animeniac's review had it wrong. These are Very Good. Going by this site's star ranking, I'd give them a 3.5/4. Yes, names are there original ones. But some of the attacks and other English type speech gets a little wierd. Like they sub 'Getter Tomahawk' as Getter Ax. Nothing that terrible. YOu can hear what they're really saying in the audio, but still a bit wierd. Grammar is pretty good too. I'm not talking HK original, but they are a step below perfect English. Very understandable, no thinking what was said neccessary. Oh, one of the characters, Michiru (Musashi's "Mona Lisa" Tongue ) is subbed as "Man." Weird, to say the least.
This show is a classic peice of Super Robot anime. From the creative mind of Go Nagai, famous for Mazinger Z. It's about 3 young boys who come together to pilot the Getter Robo, a robot consisting of three seperate planes that combine into three different robots. They battle the Dinosaur Empire and there constant attacks of there Robot Dinosaurs.
Yes, I know what you're thinking. How cheesey can you get? But this is an awesome piece of anime! It's a classic. A must see!
For those who have only experienced Getter Robo in the form of the OVA "Last Days of Earth," this is TOTALLY different.
Anyways, highly recommended again. Now let's hope someone releases the show's sequels, Getter Robo G and Getter Robo Go Smile GETTER ONE!! SWITCH ON!!!!!!
Real quick, before I go to bed, somethings I forgot to mention:
-Each episode has the opening, the show, next episode preview, then ending.
-No eyecatches. They were either cut out or the show doesn't ahve them. I'm assuming they were cut out.
Goodnight Smile
Another show on "the list". Confusedweatdrop: I love Go Nagai. Even if it is cheese. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
mmmmmmmmmmmm cheese. :mrgreen:
CHEESE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT :twisted: