Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Clearing up the original Gundam dub only issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not saying it's anyone on this board because it's not. As you may know the original Mobile Suit Gundam DVD release in America is dubbed only. Many people state one of the following: "Sunrise doesn't want America to have the Japanese voices, those bastards" or "Bandai only caters to the dub loving fuckers who watch CN only". This isn't true. Sunrise felt it was necessary to touch up the series for it's American release, seeing as the show is outdated (1979). They put some CG in it and took out an "unimportant" episode. Whe they altered the show for the new graphics, the Japanese voices no longer matched the movements on screen. They didn't want to redo the Japanese voice acting nor release it as it was. So Bandai working with what they had released it dubbed only. This is the only way to see it in the US unless you buy the HK.
HK for me. Which is a shame because that was a series that I didn't mind collecting R1. I got a little angry when I saw that it was dub only, but what can you do. Most companies don't really listen to what the fans have to say anyway. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Also, to add to the original statement, most of these changes were chosen by Tomino (original creator) of the series himself.
Kakoi, who is that in your avatar?