Import Anime Forums

Full Version: More MAC releases of DBZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone would know if there are going to be any more MAC releases of Dragonball Z? I don't want to have to go in debt to get the sagas on R1 DVD. I bought the first MAC set and it's fine and my friends and I would like to get more.
Yup, 3 new DVD sets are on the way.

Dragonball Z Movie 1-13 Boxset (4 DVD)

Dragonball Z "Part 3" Eng/JPN Language with SUBS! 27 episodes (3 DVD)

Dragonball Z "Part 4" Eng/JPN Language with SUBS! 36 Episodes (3 DVD) that looks to be a typo though, Im thinking its going to be 4 DVD.

Now all we need is uncut 1-67 Big Grin .
That is great!!!! Do you know any of the release dates?
Quote:Originally posted by "SideSwipe"

Now all we need is uncut 1-67 Big Grin .

Which aint gonna happen anytime soon.
Well, in March. The first R2 DVD set comes out, (1-147). Fansubs for DBZ should be readily available, hell back when I got into anime thats all I could find. I'd actully rather NOT have MI handle this set, they screwed up DB and DBZ movie 1's subs. Hell DBZ movie 1 has an R1 with english subs, how dumb can they be! I'd really like to sell off some of my VHS collection, if I can upgrade to DVD, DB/Z/GT takes up too much space Sad .
I can't wait either. I have almost considered dropping the 100,000 yen price tag. I imagine we won't have to wait long to get it hk wise, and if by some freak chance that dosen't work out, funimation the extreme evil that it is, will be going back and re-doing the first episodes uncut in japanese and wasting thier breath dubbing it. That is happening sometime later this year. So we will get DBZ on DVD. Now all we have to do is hope toei will release Dragonball in a similar style set. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Well, the R1's of Dragonball are going to be uncensored, so I've read, I have no experience with them, If any are out havent been paying attention. But we wont see DB 1-13 uncut for a long while in the states, another dumb company (forgot the name) owns rights to them edited dub only , blah.
I believe it's Pioneer. The Ocean Group dub.
Nope. It was a company called kidmark. They made really gay things like monsters in my pocket . They have the rights for a little while longer. I'm not exactly sure how much time is left though. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
actually its Trimark.. i have the set and it has trimarks and Funimations logo's on it.. ;o) its butchard all to hell.. No pat pat test with goku.. ;o(
It's Kidmark/Trimark. Kidmark is the name they used on their kiddie garbage. It truly is lame as hell. I own it all on some crappy .rm files. Still better than watching it butchered, and in english (which is something I will not do ever again). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
ahh i didn't know that they had two names.. but yes it is bad.. They even shows parts of what they cut outta the beginning of dragonball z with gohan and the robot etc.. really sucks.. i was buying the tapes until i found out they where going to be having uncut dragonball dvd's. so i will be waiting for those.. ;o)
Well MI would have to sub it. AS doesn't do jack shit anymore and AV won't do a large job like that. :mrgreen: