Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ranma 1/2 TV Complete (AC/MI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ranma 1/2 TV Complete Box 1 of 4

Season 1 (1-18 ) Excellent fansubs. Clear video and audio. ALL names are correct. Openings and Closings for every episode. ALL episode names are translated. There is a small problem at the end of episode 9. My disc freezes as it attempts to go back to the menu screen after the episode is over. Aside from that close to being perfect.

Season 2 (19-40) Excellent fansubs. It seems to drop in quality for ep. 37 but you can still definitely follow it. Clear video and audio. ALL names are correct. Openings for each episode EXCEPT 19-24 and 32-40. All episode names are translated EXCEPT for 19-21. These either have no or bad translations. Episodes are out of order compared to the domestic releases, BUT they ARE in order compared to the Japanese releases telling me these are either R2 or LD rips.

Season 3 (41-45) Excellent fansubs. Clear video and audio. ALL names are correct. Openings for each episode EXCEPT for ep.41. Closings for every episode. All episode names are translated EXCEPT for 42-45.

I play my DVDs on a Pioneer DV-343 player.
Box 2 coming soon...
Thanks. This is really helping a lot. I'm happy they took the time to translate it correctly. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest. Kudos to you man, for taking the time to do this. It's really appreciated. ^_^
when do you think FX will be able to have all of Ranma 1/2 released? Isnt the entire series amde up of 161 episodes/ 12 ova episodes + .. im not sure how many movies though.
FX is doing R1 rips. So it all depends when VIZ releases all of the series on R1. They have all of the OAVs, seasons 1-4, 6/some of 7, and both movies. There have been no solid release date for the 5th box set or the re-release of the last two seasons in box set form. When they are released FX will have a ripping party. That's what makes it such a hard decision. Do I go with the AC good sub, or the FX so I can watch the dub, which is what I previously watched Ranma 1/2 in. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, I'm in the same place. I don't know whether to wait for the FX release, or buy the MI release. I love the Ranma dub, so it's a hard call. I'll probably end up with FX, just for the fact that I can buy it in smaller segments.

Personally..I am just waiting for FX..as there are so many other sets and such out I need to collect still so it just helps me get other stuff first! ^__^ ((why hasen't Viz released the 5th series..but they have the ones after that?))
Take care,
~Todd
They started releasing Ranma 1/2 TV DVDs with season 6. They then went back to release the rest but they only got up to season 4. So now season 5 is being done with a re-release of 6 and 7 in the 5 DVD box form. :mrgreen:
Damn. I hear the subs take a huge hit as of season 5. Right where the R1 seasons don't exist. Sad