Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Macross Zero question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who have seen the first and only episode out so far, I have a question. Does Roy Focker appear yet? Thanks!
Yes he does, and he did some major ass kicking in the VF-0. It seems he will play an important role in the series
Sweet!! This make me very happy Smile He was the coolest character of the original series Smile
Anyways, I haven't heard hardly anything about this show, so could someone perhaps fill me in on when it happens in the Macross universe? I'm assuming after the alien ship crashed, right? Is that little war for control of the the island housing the alien ship still going on? Someone fill this sick man in Sad
Sure dude, here goes:

But be warned:

*****MAJOR SPOILERS******

The story set around Shin Kudo, a young Japanese guy who vividly remembers the crashlanding of the alien battlefortess (later named Macross) just bare miles away from his home.

Fast forward to 2008 (one year before the events chronicled in the original Macross TV series) the setting for Macross Zero, and Shin is now a gifted pilot flying sorties against Anti-UN forces. In one sortie Shin and Edgar LaSalle (Shin's technician/co-pilot and brother of Caludia LaSalle), find themeselves in a situation when Shin is downed by a mysterious red coloured transforming craft.

Whilst Shin was able to eject to safety moments before his plane was destroyed, Edgar's fate is much less certain since he is never show to have died or survived.

Shin is revived on a tropical island, not far from the crash site of the SDF-1 (the alien battlefortress). On this island, it's people although somewhat primitive believe in the winds and the ocean and also in the bird -humans, pointing toward ancestors of their race having contact with aliens thousands of years ago. It looks like that these aliens piloted transformable mecha too and it is from this that the island natives got the interpretation of these mecha's being 'bird men'.

Meanwhile on a naval carrier in the pacific, Roy Focker is evaluating the performance of the revoultionary VF-0. The first in a long line of Variable Fighters that are able to switch between modes such as Jet flight, Destroid and Guardian postures, the VF-0 is the newest weapon used by the UN Forces. However, the mysterious craft that downed Shin also appears to boast similar transformable abilities to the VF-0 which means that it also was potentially adapted from the same alien technology (known as overtechnology) that the VF-0 utilises. This is crucial because it would appear that other, more chaotic forces than the UN Spacy, have had access to the alien technology.

However, both sides need a special source of power for these new machines and the overtechnology that they use. As a result a great source of power which appears to have been left by aliens thousands of years ago is discovered near to the island where Shin was found and as such I believe (don't forget we are only as far as episode one outta five) that a power struggle begins to control this ancient source of energy.

This struggle however, unearths something so profound that in the coming years it is stricken from the military records and kept secret with it's participators (should they survive) sworn to absolute secercy.

Hope this helps! Smile
It was weird seeing the VF-0 all in CG especially in Destroid mode. It was well done but just didnt seem right.
I left this downloading from Kazaa and went out with some friends. I got back at 1 in the morning, but it didn't amtter if I was passing out, I had to watch this!
And it was worth it!! Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The part before the title had shivers running up my spines. It was so beautifully done. An dseeing Roy again was a site for sore eyes Smile I missed him!!
THe best part about Roy was they didn't change his character at all. Still the womanizer he always was, and still kicking ass as a pilot!
I can't wait for the second volume!! I'm thinking of holding out on buying the DVDs till they release it in a nice set.
This is a must buy title for not only Macross fans, but all anime fans!!
I'm stoked to get the original series DVDs from Animeigo. It seems to be a show that any otaku must have. :mrgreen:
Quote:I'm stoked to get the original series DVDs from Animeigo. It seems to be a show that any otaku must have.

Oh hell yeah, the Animeigo discs do indeed rock. Although I hope that we see a brand new Macross T.V series that shows us the lost events between 2012 and 2039 in the Macross timeline, since I feel there's a lot of stories with new characters that they could tell.
I love the fact that the Macross Box Set cost $260 during the pre-order. Now thr individual discs cost $25 * 9 = $225. You save $35. Hehe they better not do that with YUA or I'll be pissed. Though I do like my box sets. :mrgreen: