Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Question about Tokyopop manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of getting into collecting Tokyopop manga but I'm concerned about censorship and translation/accuracy..If anyone could share some insight about this it would be greatly appreciated..Thank you :o
I heard they changed the names for Initial D because they wanted to target a younger audience.

Some of my Love Hina manga also has blank spots where the original writting was on but they just erased it and didnt translate it.

but overall, their manga is pretty good and I dont think they censor anytihng
I read Marmalade Boy Book one, while I was waiting for someone in the mall. It followed the story of the anime pretty closely. They used the character's original names too.
I've got the three Cowboy Bebop manga from Tokyopop and they're fine. Admittedly, I don't think there is much need for censorship with this series. Also, I didn't find anything outlandish or objectionable about the translation. Hope this helps!
Thanx for the replies everyone...Well, I heard in the Love Hina manga Keitaro gets caught playing with his lil Keitaro 8O ..I probably will start collecting some of the mangas soon just need to narrow down my series to a few dozen or so and I think I will live =)
Read Lupin and Kodocha. I love the Kodocha anime and Lupin is just plain cool. :mrgreen: