Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Utena and Sailor Stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody know if there is a complete Utena dvd set or any Sailor Stars dvds.
Damn censorship wont allow sailor moon stars to be dubbed here they find it to controversial. Death,Lesbianism,Men who transform into women and other topics.
haruka
Utena - One boxset of the first 13 episodes is out.

Sailor Stars - Is being released by MAC soon.
thanks suzakuseikun for the info.
haruka

Really? MAC is releasing Sailor Stars? Where did yah hear that from?
take care,
~Todd
I wish someone would release some sets of the original, R, S and Super S season of Sailor Moon!!
Yes some Sailor moon boxsets would rock. I have always liked em'. Nihongo only. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yes, most definatley. While the dub woulden't hurt being their for an addition, to me only the japanese language version is really noteworthy. With the exception of a few characters, ((like Rei, and Makoto)) the dub gives me a headache.
Take care,
~Todd
AnimeGod.com has it in their Comming Soon section. AnimeGod is MAC/AS.

And ADV is releasing the subtitled boxsets of the seasons, uncut. Just gotta wait to find out when.
the dub voices where ok for sailor moon and the R season compared to the S. and SuperS seasons the dub voices where horrible especially Usagi,Ami,Haruka,Michiru,and Chibi Usa
haruka
Sounds like fun. I will finally give Salior Moon a chance...
Sailor moon is good but it is very long. Alot like DBZ. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hmm...I wonder if Flora would consider making rips of the R1s. ((The old ones arent that noteworthy as they as chopped up and only have the dub..but the new S and Super-S are very good releases.)) That'd be cool if those rips were made.
Take care,
~Todd
I'm going to bet Flora will wiat for the ADV pure subtitle uncut releases. Even the newer releases are cut up and edited.

Really? I heared the new releases were totally uncut, with the exception of the dub but could be reverted back to switching to the original japanese language. If it's true about the editing, do yah think/have heared that ADV will release totally uncut subtitle DVDs?
See yah,
~Todd
ADV made an announcement at one of the cons (Non Desu Kon, I believe. Shibo, correct me if I'm wrong) that they will be releasing uncut, subtitled (only) DVD boxsets.
Pages: 1 2