Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gundam 0079 MAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My first post!
I'm totally new to HK DVDs, I hope you can help me.
I've seen a site that sells the Gundam 0079 series edited by MAC. They call it Gundam 0079 Full Version and they also claim to be Excellent video, Excellent audio and Excellent subs... on four DVD9. The cover is the same I've seen on any site, where the series is on 5 DVds, it's the black cover with the 3 main characters on it. I've found no review for the mac set, do you think I can try it or is better to avoid it... have you ever seen comments on this set? I'm not gonna watch it with a translation printed on a paper... i need good subs :wink:
Thanks!
I'm dying to see this series Cry Cry
Hi, welcome to the board Wink
Gundam 79 MAC is same as Gundam 79 AS, so it has bad subtitles ~_~ I suggest you avoid it, Try Gundam Wing or Gundam X... those 2 are excelent Wink
Or G Gundam ^_^
I did a review on one of the sets. Subtitles aren't that bad. The names are changed to the Chinese ones. If you want, i started a list on Chinese to Japanese names you could use. But other then the changed names, the subs are good. You should see this show. It's still probably the best Gundam series ever.
79 was Godly!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*Prefered 0083*
79 was and still is awesome. I like the dub so I'll be picking the R1's up when I get some cash. Bandai usually has great dubs. The movie set is out on R1's if you want the Japanese version but I like it as a series instead of a movie.

Kaioshane 8)
If 79 is Godly then 83 is a Titan!!! ( which in Greek Mythology is above a god! Just in case there are some people out there that didn't know Tongue )
Hang on, I thought titans were like the champions of the gods, as opposed to the gods themselves :?
Quote:Originally posted by "kaioshane"

Bandai usually has great dubs. The movie set is out on R1's if you want the Japanese version but I like it as a series instead of a movie.

Kaioshane 8)
I'm not a native english speaking, so the American DVD won't work for me Smile
Also for that hateful region code. And the Italian "version" is crap (and has many other problems... what a pity)...
On some sites there's a different set, with an image of the Gundam on a red background, in 5 DVD. Do you know what it is?
I read on the reviews that one set has two episodes cut in half, do you know if the problem is also on the other set (by Anime Studio if I remember correcty)?
I have to agree that 0083 is probably the best gundam series out there. The original is good, but 0083 was sweet. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by "Cipo"

On some sites there's a different set, with an image of the Gundam on a red background, in 5 DVD.

Can you show me a picture of this? I'm thinking it's the Gundam Wing boxset >_>
Quote:Originally posted by "Duragon"

Hang on, I thought titans were like the champions of the gods, as opposed to the gods themselves :?

I should have said "before the Gods" which would mean in my other post that 83 was #1 in my book as compared to 79. Sorry for the confusion. :wink:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

Cipo Wrote:On some sites there's a different set, with an image of the Gundam on a red background, in 5 DVD.

Can you show me a picture of this? I'm thinking it's the Gundam Wing boxset >_>
You can find it here: http://www.buyanimedvd.com/gundam.html
Go down the page a bit and you'll see it. They don't say who's the company. And the price is quite high Sad
A little side note... The Titans where Champions of the Gods... This true but a little misleading. The Gods (Zeus and what not) were beneath the Titans (Atlas) and over thru there rule to become the Gods... look at it like this..."Titans are the Sons of the goddess Earth, who ruled the cosmos before the Olympians. Cronus, king of the Titans, was deposed by his son Zeus."
Pages: 1 2