Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kodocha DVD set! YESS! ...or 'no' ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Kodomo no Omocha, and want to badly buy the set, but the pictures i saw of it didn't show a studio on it.

Does anyone know who makes it, and if they are any good?

thanks! Big Grin Smile Big Grin Big Grin
MI :wink:
They did a good job with FOTNS, but the fast subs could really fuck them up. Cry
I hope its good. I have heard lots of good about it for years now. Big Grin Big Grin
How about "Sort of"?

The first 40 eps are great.

The last 11 are beyong horrible in terms of subtitles Smile
After episode 40 Kodocha stopped doing it. The bastards gave up so quickly. :?
Or maybe because episodes 40-51 were nver fansubbed.
http://www.randommasters.com

They say that they will subtitle the whole series sometime.
My overall opinion of the set is fairly positive though. The video and audio is really good and the show is absolutely hilarious. Definitely a great series. My only problem is that Sana talks too fast for me Smile I can barely understand 1 word in 5 when she decides to go full tilt.

If you are looking for a decent set, I would buy it with the understanding that the last 5-6 episodes are just plain terrible and the 5-6 preceding that are passible at best.
I hope the second half of the series turns out to be good. :mrgreen:
Don't get me wrong on Randommasters, WAG is great and everything, but have you looked at his projects?

He has over 30 episodes he's planning to do, plus he has to pay alot for translations, and insists on using the legit sources. Unless he's a billionare, it's going to be a WHILE before he ever gets some of the episodes subtitled.

I wouldn't rely on that.

Kodocha didn't really give up, they just shut down. What's the point in buying and servicing your VCR's so often for the occaisional 3 orders a month? It's true, because everyone likes digisubs or dvd fansubs (like I do) nowadays.

I was dissapointed they closed though, sometimes they annoyed me but I liked Kodocha. Maybe I'll just pass on this set. Besides, I hate MI.

Their FU***** annoying logos over the video (you have no idea how much this pisses me off) and their ugly subs that look the same for every release, and it seems they never *really* try their hardest, and have gotten exteremly lazy.
FOTNS was great. They worked hard on that. Same with Maison Ikkoku. Thank God!!!! :mrgreen:
What was the font?

Is there a screenshot?
I can't do screen shots, sorry. Though the font is ok. Does that really bother you?