Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Azumanga Daioh boxset :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't wait to recieve this!! I ordered it of Discount Anime. Should be here the 6 of Janurary Smile I downloaded the first episode of this show and it was hilarious! Funny, cute, it's one of those animes that I can pop in after a rough day of school and just kick back and laugh.
Animeniacs had a review of the first disc, and the quality is great, so I have no worries there. I'll put a review up for each disc as I watch them.
Anyone else getting this set or seen the show and loved it?
Nice, that show is excellent. No plot to worry about, just great characters. The voice cast is one of the best I've ever heard.

I would love to see a review of the set when you get it.
DAMN YOU WEATHER!! My set didn't get here today because of "adverse weather conditions" according to UPS Sad
That sucks ass

I'm up to ep 11 of that show and I loved every single moment for it except for ep 8 which I found a bit too weird

Hope you get it soon
I'll have to check this out. Is it like Kare Kano?!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well there isn't the romantic aspect of Kare Kano, its about a bunch of high school girls and their daily lifes. Makes quirks and jokes about high school and japanese life, there isnt much plot. Each episode is split up into different parts that are barely linked to each other. Its a funny and great series that is very light and humourous.
Got the set yesterday ^_^ Yay! I watched a few episodes this morning (had a class last night and wanted to sleep). Cutest anime of all time!! I love this show! It's so funny!
For those wondering, the set is made good. Nice gatefold case. 3 DVDs. Video is good (some flickering is noticeable when and image is still for a while, like on the mouths and stuff), sound is excellent, subs are great (looks like a fansub script). I'm hoping the rest of the show stays at this quality.
Opening before the first episode (subbed!), and I'm assuming the end song is after the last. I'm kind of glad the opening is only once per disc because it is fricking long!!
Anyways, eyecatches are cut out. There the little things before and after commercials. If you must see what they're like, download an episode off Kazaa. No biggy.
I'll wait till I finish the set before making any more assumptions, but I highly recommend the show!! The Japanese teacher is so funny!
EDIT: PS, JunkieJoe, get this title on the review list!! I want to give this thing an official review Smile
Vinny can you check disc 3 to see if there is a drop in video quality? Because I don't think they ripped R2's for that one.
Sure Mad. I'll post that up later though as I have to leave soon for a class. After I get back, I think I'll marathon the rest of the series Smile I can't get enough of this show!! Check back later for the scoop on disc 3.
I think I might add it to my list. Is it like Kodocha?!? Tongue
I have been reading about it in Newtype since the first issue. I'm getting more and more interested. It may have to be one of the next things I get. Still waiting for my last order, no fear it should be here tomorrow as it is in charlotte now. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Sorry for not posting last night. Got really tired. Anyways, here's what i got on disc three.
The first episode on the disc is the same quality as the other 2 discs. Then you can see that they used a different source for the next one.
The video quality, while I didn't notice that big of a difference, definetly went down. Subs stayed the same, and audio was just as good. THough they cut out episode titles for some reason. No biggy. So the third disc doesn' t totally destroy this release. Doesn't even come close.
I going to check the show out after I watch the mounds of anime I just recieved in the mail. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I got a review of disc 1 up Smile I'll try and get the rest of the series up by tonight, but I have a very busy day tomorrow so I might not.
Sweet. It sounds funny. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin