Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Name your fav. Anime artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My fav. artists are: (note: I can't type just check out some of the Dvd titles and you will notice that)

Watase Yuu, Miyazaki..Also, I like the artists from Gainax as well...Whomever worked on the drawing for Spriggan and animation did a good job too..Ninja Scroll drawings kicked butt too..I cant think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure something will pop in later on

Show which I really don't really like:

Dragonball Z never really liked their style of drawing..kinda forgot the creators name [ Suzaku's edit: Akira Toriyama]...Some episodes that I've seen had characters without any noses...Then, come episodes someone I guess decided to draw a nose in..I dunno felt it was too inconsistant and the backgrounds were pretty dull in some of the fight scenes..

Weiss Kreuz let me down too in some of the fight scenes it looked kinda weak..Guess I'm being slightly too picky gonna go now cya
Definately Rumiko Takahashi. I've wasted so much money and so much of my life on her works. Everything she touches is gold, even the lowly One Pound Gospel. ^0^
Kentaro Miura - Berserk
His work in manga is beautiful. nuff said
CLAMP
Watase Yuu
Rumiko Takahashi
I love CLAMP, despite not watching/reading any of their stuff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Okay here is my list of the many mangaka that I love:

Kentaro Miura- Berserk

Toriyama Akira- Dr. Slump, Dragonball, Cowa, and so many others

Takahashi Rumiko- Ranma, Urusei Yatsura, Mermaid scar and lots more

Utatane Hiroyuki- an adult artist one of his two non adult titles is Seraphic Feather.

Eiichiro Oda- One Piece nuff' said

Fujishima Kosuke- Ah megami sama, You're under arrest, and so many mech designs

This is just a partial list. I love way to much manga to list everyone. 8O 8O 8O
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I love CLAMP, despite not watching/reading any of their stuff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I watched Miyuki Chan in Wonderland last night. Despite being completely pointless, watching CLAMP women touch each other for a half hour wasn't a total waste. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So many and so little time. The top three that I like off the top of my head are:

? CLAMP (X, RG Veda, etc.)
? Watase Yuu (Ayashi no Ceres, FY)
? Fujishima Kosuke (Ah/Oh My Goddess, YUA!)
Fujishima Kosuke is up there. I bought the second YUA Box and can't wait for it to come out at the end of January. :mrgreen:
Kia Asamiya : Steam Detectives, Nadesico, Silent Mobius

Hiroaki Samura : Blade of the Immortal

Katsuhiro Otomo : Akira

Tetsuo Hara : Hokuto No Ken

Bill Watterson : Calvin And Hobbes ( I know he isn't manga but he is the greatest artistic inspiration in my entire LIFE. Have you looked and actually studied his strips? The art in his Spiff scenes is GODLY :!: )
There are so many mangas out there, and so little time to read them all. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Same with Anime. :roll: :roll: :roll:
So true. One day I will have read and watched it all. That is the day I die. 8O Big Grin Big Grin
Or when Captain Planet makes a comeback series. :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Another topic made me think of another artist that should be on my list.

Masakazu Katsura- The artist behind Shadow Lady, I's, Video Girl Ai and DNA2 and many more.

There are plenty more manga artists that I know I am leaving out. Big Grin 8O Big Grin
Pages: 1 2