Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Maisson Ikkoku whereforartthou
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just worked my way through the first two collections of this series, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Kind of reminiscent of Kimagure Orange Road, and it got me started on treacle like Ah! My Goddess (I'd marry Belldandy in a moment, even though my wife would be pissed). Anyway, this series goes on forever, and it seems well nigh impossible to locate sets 7 or 8. Anyone have a line on where to look?
Maison Ikkoku is one of my favorite series of all time. To me it's the greatest love story ever drawn. And dood, I am all about Belldandy! Anyway the boxsets of Maison Ikkoku are exclusive to Viz and therightstuf.com Here is a link to the boxsets:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalog...c/asc/50/1

I would wait until they have their summer sale, you can get them for 30 bucks.
Thanks a lot. I'll be looking for the sale.
Maison ikkoku is def special for me too! The book was the first manga I ever read! I remember reading the first one in a book shop, and the next day I ordered all 14/15? from amazon hehe.

It does drag on a little, sometimes u just wanna slap the couple and tell them to get together already! But by the end, its def worth it.
Yep it's my favourite series ever and that probably includes non anime stuff like Friends. It's so heart-warming and really matures as it gets on. Takahashi's greatest work by far.
Yea i really enjoyed this series too. I have the old 10 disc MI set and i have been buying the R1's as they have been released. But been slow as of lately with buying them what are they up to now for release? did they finally release the whole series?
Rightstuf and Amazon both list releases up through Box 8, so that should be 96 eps or so. Is that the full series?
Box set 8 was the final set release. All 96 episodes are collected in eight box sets. I would recommend watching them in Japanese. They change most of the English voice actors by box set 4.
Damn that means i got some caching up to do .
I have no idea what this show is. Is this a 96 episode show about two people falling in love? If so it seems like it would be difficult to keep finding reasons for them not to get together for that long. o_O
Dood it's Rumiko Takashi of course she keeps things interesting.
Exactly she does keep it entertaining kinda like most of Ranma 1/2. or kinda like Kimigure Orange Road through it all.
I've only been into anime for a few years (bought Ghost in the Shell at a 5 for $20 pawn shop sale, but didn't know anything about it), so I have a lot of catching up to do, and my viewing is eclectic to the extreme. Just finished the first Ranma season, and starting on the second. You can definitely see the recurring themes, starting with the character designs, the relationships, the extended family, and the comic relief characters. I'd start in on Inuyasha, but I'm afraid.
Schultz Wrote:Exactly she does keep it entertaining kinda like most of Ranma 1/2. or kinda like Kimigure Orange Road through it all.

Although I do like Ranma 1/2 it did drag a lot. I rarely felt that with Maison Ikkoku and the ending felt so right too. I can't tell what I prefer though, the manga or the anime...
The Part for Ranma 1/2 that made it drag for me is i got very tired of Happosi very very quick. I liked the first few seasons. When they introduced him it was funny for a while and then got old fast. and then probably for me 5th on is when it got interesting and fun again. But yea i ended up feeling that way .. I was like yes.. about fucking time it happened. I just can't explain the emotion i felt when it finally happened i got really attached to watching that anime.
Pages: 1 2