Import Anime Forums

Full Version: R1 anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wondering if anyone else has been easing off hks since R1's have been coming down in price. Witch hunter robin and scryed i both got for $40. Escaflowne was only 33. E's otherwise I got recently for $45. Bought spiral for $60 and that seemed expensive. Couple years ago $60 was extremely cheap for anime. Planning on getting wolfs rain soon which will only cost about $54. Anyone else gotten great deals on complete collections lately?

There are still some crazy priced anime out there though. Champloo is still like $130 at best buy. =/
I just thought the lower prices were due to the holidays, but hope it'll be an ongoing thing. The Suncoast here in Philly had a buy one set, get another set for free deal. Was able to get Last Exile collection for $50. Also picked up Kino's Journey for $15
Yeah, I've been buying more R1s recently since the prices have dropped so low... Actually, the entire Escaflowne series was $22 at RightStuf for their "12 Days of Christmas" sale. I've bought Elfen Lied for $30 at WorstStore, and considering buying Fumoffu at the same price. I've noticed ADV and some Bandai have really cut a lot of their prices.
yeah adv and bandai are killing the prices on backstock, but they are not going to stay that way. I just got notice that all the titles are going back up in march to "suggested" retail.

Bandai will keep the anime legends stuff available as long as they have stock, those are 1 time only reprints.

b
I havn't been buying any HKs for the last 2.5 years ever since ADV has those thinpacks out almost as soon as the singles are all out. Think only the this last year then ADV started to slow down those thinpacks released.
Those thinpacks are really cheap, just a couple of $s more expensive than the HKs.

If not, I get all the R1s from DDD or Rightstuf.
even in the UK prices have gone down like all of GITS SAC and Heat Guy J for £40 each etc which is awesome though i find when i but from online US store the P&P is a complete rip off and they dont declre as gifts and customs slap on £25 onto em...THE BASTARDS
You should really be able to appeal customs charges...
rav96 Wrote:even in the UK prices have gone down like all of GITS SAC and Heat Guy J for £40 each etc which is awesome though i find when i but from online US store the P&P is a complete rip off and they dont declre as gifts and customs slap on £25 onto em...THE BASTARDS

Heh.....I declare them as gifts all the time whenever I ship internationally if the other party asked.
But since the prices went down, just get it in UK.
Hey, been travelling or started working already?
A lot (all?) of countries open gifts up and tax them sometimes. That really, really is bs.
Cidien Wrote:A lot (all?) of countries open gifts up and tax them sometimes. That really, really is bs.

UK is awful for it. Some charges are stupid like nearly the price of the parcel. Never ever been taxed on HKs though which is another reason to order them! It's usually stuff like known stores like Amazon. Makes ordering a hassle because you can't just save the money for what you want, you need more for shipping charges and tax.
Cidien Wrote:A lot (all?) of countries open gifts up and tax them sometimes. That really, really is bs.

Do they? I know that out of the 10x I shipped to UK and at least another 10x to Asia, the packages were never opened by the customs. At least nobody complained to me.

However, ever since 2006, I always get my packages opened whenever I have stuffs shipped to me from Singapore/HK/Japan.
Freaking PITA especially when it's a package from Singapore. My mum will always ship some of my favourite food in the box and those greedy custom dorks never fail to take 1 or 2 pack of each type of food. They ALWAYS take the pretty and tasty cookies. ARG.... I betcha that it's not coz of custom duties, it's because they want to try the food BECAUSE, they never take any of those which don't look good.
Well then i've got an excellent idea for your mom if you wanna fund it. Have her send some cookies and have her mix a powerful laxative in with it. Maybe they won't be so quick to take them next time.
Gee, I didn't know R1s are still that expensive in Asia. (Singapore)It's on average abt S$50 - $70 a dvd. That's like $35USD to $45USD.
No wonder most stores in Asia sell/rent HKs.
VCDs are everywhere since they cost only about $0.50-$3USD/disc depending on the quality.

I guess R1s won't really gain a niche in Asia since the shipping + import duties are pretty steep and generally US sellers don't sell them cheap to buyers out of the country.
Side question:
Not much people visit the site anymore, do they?
Not as many as there used to be. Seems ever since JJ got busted though people visit less and less.
Pages: 1 2