Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The RIAA: Tools of a Greedy Industry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it is time once again to break out the hate factory on the RIAA. For all their pandering about how they are there to protect the Musical Artists, and all the statements that they have made about how file sharing was solely responsible for their greatly declining revenues (and not the industry for glacier speed adaption), they want to try to cut the Artist out of the money that is actually being made. Honestly, I can't put it any better than the way IGN did. You should really read their article, it brings them into a light they can't hide from.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/749/749883p1.html
yea i read that a few days ago. pathetic if you ask me. Damn i wish some artists that make the shit themselves could sell straight i would more then likely buy it directly from artists themselves then have to deal with the RIAA.
Haven?t read the article but the way I see it the Music industry is messed up.

True artists who write their own songs don?t get the contracts anymore or certainly don?t get the marketing support the Britney?s and Christina?s get. A lot of the bands that do have contracts bring out rubbish, 40 minute albums with 2 good songs that make the charts and the rest is filler.

Then I very much feel that the price of a cd should be brought down to like $5 before I?ll start buying them again. Cd?s are still the same price as they were when they were released and no one had a cd player yet. Then they became super popular but the price stayed the same (opposed to dvd where the price went down 50%). Its an artificial price that in no way has anything to do with production cost. Artists should make the bulk of their cash with performing on stage and draw the crowd with their albums. A well known singer in my country can make 50.000 a night. I imagine in the US the good performers could make multiple times that amount per night. No one can convince me that they need the millions and millions from record sales to make a living, especially those metalica fuckers (who I loved till their parade against file sharing). And the music industry certainly doesn?t deserve the money with their current trend of pop idol singers and other artificially created ?artists?.

God, I HATE the music industry.
I hate the fuckin' RIAA and MPAA for the exact same reasons.