Import Anime Forums

Full Version: HK Avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there is a HK set available for the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender?

The show is produced by Nickelodeon but most of the work is done in Japan. It's truly one of the most impressive shows I've seen in a while (right up with Last Exile or Samurai 7). I have episodes I've downloaded from torrents but would love to have the box set...

Maybe I'll just buy the R1s...
Zagatto Wrote:Maybe I'll just buy the R1s...

You know, the first time I saw it I was like, "Oh great, nickelodeon is coping anime now." But after seeing it a few more times, I really started to dig it. It has a feel that is more Chinese for one thing, and possessive of a cool original concept, and lots of heart. Plus, every time Ang gets really ticked, he does something cool as hell (Glowing eyes and birthmarks are awesome). It has a level of power, and sense of seriousness not many other US created animated series have had (Gargoyle?s being the closest IMO). But still, I went to buy the R1's under the guise of them being for my little sister lol. I try not to watch it any more, because I want to see it on DVD when Season two comes out cause I?m hgardly home anymore. It sells crazily well at wal-mart btw.
Ya, since nickelodeon put it out I havn't even given it a chance. Sounds like that fact may have turned a lot of people off.
Cidien Wrote:Ya, since nickelodeon put it out I havn't even given it a chance. Sounds like that fact may have turned a lot of people off.

Well, yeah. It was on for months, and I was aware of it for just as long, but didn't watch it till my sister had control of the living room remote. It was by chance, that I gave it a chance. I have seen some parts of the second season episodes, and I liked most of what I saw. Looked like it was heading in the right direction.