Import Anime Forums

Full Version: watching it again....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've just watched and vinished gunslingergirls, w0w! this is the first anime that i've watched that i've wanted to watch again, right after finishing watching it. i really can't explain why, but it draws me back to it i guess.
has anyone else watched an anime or something else that makes u want to watching it again, right after u finished watching it?
Gemini Wrote:has anyone else watched an anime or something else that makes u want to watching it again, right after u finished watching it?

Berserk. Pretty much HAD to. You know, cause the way it ends. But for me it was more than that. Up until I watched Berserk, most of the stuff I watched was over stylized shonnen fair. Berserk was different. It was, dark, gritty, and felt more real than any anime I had watched before. It changed my tastes. there are anime that really affect how you feel about stuff, whether it is as insignificant as "this is now the style that I like" to being a profound inspiration to write a story that is driven by characters that mean something to you, because they have presence that demands it. Berserk did that for me, and killed a lot of other stories for me that just lacked that significance or humanity. Lots of RPG's instantly fell from my taste because their characters were so cookie cutter in attitude and design. Berserk MADE me watch it again to see what I needed to do to make my characters as compelling. It gave me drive and a goal to shoot for and has made me challenge myself creatively to write stories that use saving the world as a backdrop to developing my dynamic characters.

I ranted, but yeah, I immediately watched it again. And once more. And several more times since then. It is bloody, and full of epic battle scenes, but Guts, a man searching for what he wants out of life, is my favorite serious character ever and drives the show. Heh, you know, I've talked myself into wanting to watch it again.
You pretty much talked me into wanting to watch it again. I love watching Berserk still also. For me the only other show's that i like to repeatdly watch over and over is Berserk, Kenshin and Initial D. Well for some reason i like watching FLCL over and over. only because its so short and i though was amusing.
yeah FLCL is a show i've watched numerous times. you are talking about gunslinger girl right? i guess they are finished releasing it now then? i was reading the manga but either they stopped releasing it or the store i buy my manga at stopped carrying it.
Homeless Joe Wrote:yeah FLCL is a show i've watched numerous times. you are talking about gunslinger girl right? i guess they are finished releasing it now then? i was reading the manga but either they stopped releasing it or the store i buy my manga at stopped carrying it.

I dont know, but i couldn't get in to FLCL like everyone alse do. i love witty comedy but i guess i couldnt get into it. And for gunslinger girl, i really got to pick up the manga... haha. And fpr beserk, Blight, u convinved me to watch it again, but then again i traded my copy for something esle (wat was i thinking).
Homeless Joe Wrote:yeah FLCL is a show i've watched numerous times. you are talking about gunslinger girl right? i guess they are finished releasing it now then? i was reading the manga but either they stopped releasing it or the store i buy my manga at stopped carrying it.

It's not the store you buy it from. I've heard that the release was stopped already and I've seen various complaints about that fact. Wish I could find an official source but unfortunately I don't have one.
well that sucks, guess i'll just watch the anime then.
Well, I also watched FLCL again, the next day. I have watched Berserk numerous times, but not immediately after watching it. Same goes for Cowboy Bebop.
Gemini Wrote:has anyone else watched an anime or something else that makes u want to watching it again, right after u finished watching it?

I've watched several anime series that have made me and still make me feel like that. Last Exile (I've already watched it twice), Noein, Madlax... there's a bunch of them. I've watched some series more than once for several reasons. Because I really felt like watching them again, because it had been a very long time since I had first watched them, because I had originally watched them on tv and missed an episode or two, etc.
There are some series I know I would feel like watching again if it wasn't for the manga. Two good examples of that are Berserk and Full Metal Alchemist. Because I'm currently reading the manga I still 'keep in touch' with those series and therefore don't feel the need to watch the anime again otherwise I definitely would.
Never really had the desire to watch a series immediatly after watching it closest in that aspect though would be Yu Yu Hakusho. I used to watch the Dark Tournament episodes multiple times a week. As far as just regular rewatching theres too many series to name.
Been rewatching the very few Death Note episodes there are so far. Such a great series it really gets me wanting to watch it over and over!
have you been watching welcome to nhk? i think it may become one of my favorites.
Evangelion...
Seijuro Hiko Wrote:Evangelion...

If I'm not mistaken that's the anime I've watched the most. Everytime I watch it I always find something new.
yeah it's pretty interesting. i'd like to study it and pick it apart like i do stories in my english classes.
Pages: 1 2