Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Cases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased The Fruits Basket Perfect Collection made by FX from ebay. Mine came in a clear plastic DVD case, but any screenshots I have seen of it are in a gatefold package. Is my set illigitimate, or is this new, or is this old?

Sad
my fruits basket is also in a clear plastic case. as far as I know thats the current production style. When EZ bought FX they started to remake the FX sets in smaller cases as far as I know they havn't got to fruba yet. GREAT series though.
Well I do have the original FX set of Fruits Basket, it is in a gatefold with the characteristic frosty plastic slip cover... doesn't even say FX it says Animation City Int. Limited which is actually the FX label before they started using FX... lol..
You have an ez set. Also, you're seriously asking if it's legitimate? Is the picture quality good? If so who cares.
voodo14 Wrote:When EZ bought FX

lol, semi-legal/illegal HK companies generally don't buy each other out :p . EZ IIRC popped up shortly after FX's Flora got busted/arrested by HK customs.
vegeta76 Wrote:lol, semi-legal/illegal HK companies generally don't buy each other out :p . EZ IIRC popped up shortly after FX's Flora got busted/arrested by HK customs.

I think Flora helped initially and gave consent for them to reprint the back catalogue.

This guy doesn't listen though. He's asked where can he buy FX from and has been told repeatedly they don't exist anymore. He even went to AN and asked again after being told here 3 times. Not someone I would buy HKs off.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I think Flora helped initially and gave consent for them to reprint the back catalogue.

This guy doesn't listen though. He's asked where can he buy FX from and has been told repeatedly they don't exist anymore. He even went to AN and asked again after being told here 3 times. Not someone I would buy HKs off.

Agreed... Florachan did have a hand in getting EZ to continue the work.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy DVDs from this new guy either. Just his/her attitude and questions (and his repeated demand for FX sets) tell me he/she isn't even out of high school yet. Does anyone else get that same feeling?
Amethyst Wrote:Well I do have the original FX set of Fruits Basket, it is in a gatefold with the characteristic frosty plastic slip cover... doesn't even say FX it says Animation City Int. Limited which is actually the FX label before they started using FX... lol..

Are you sure about that? I always thought it was just another name they used.
Puppet Master Wrote:Are you sure about that? I always thought it was just another name they used.

It is another name FX uses, however, if you check, they used the Animation City Int. Limited name before they started using the FX one, and then just switched over to the FX one... which is probably why EZDVD isn't using the FX name, but the first one instead... don't want to draw any heat... lol.. If you notice, that could be mistaken for AC at a casual glance... which is probably why they chose it... laugh..
Amethyst Wrote:It is another name FX uses, however, if you check, they used the Animation City Int. Limited name before they started using the FX one, and then just switched over to the FX one... which is probably why EZDVD isn't using the FX name, but the first one instead... don't want to draw any heat... lol.. If you notice, that could be mistaken for AC at a casual glance... which is probably why they chose it... laugh..

Are you sure about that? I bought titles that were FX like Trigun and Slayers, and then a few years later when newer shows came out I bought them under the brand Animation World International Limited, like Full Metal Panic and Rahxephon. It seems like AWIL was started up after FX had already been established.
BrikHaus81 Wrote:Are you sure about that? I bought titles that were FX like Trigun and Slayers, and then a few years later when newer shows came out I bought them under the brand Animation World International Limited, like Full Metal Panic and Rahxephon. It seems like AWIL was started up after FX had already been established.

I think I remember it coming after but they have had lots of names as have all the other companies. MAC have even released as FX remember.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I think I remember it coming after but they have had lots of names as have all the other companies. MAC have even released as FX remember.

Yeah, I remember AWIL coming out in the later sets after FX has been established for a while. Before that, I only remember FX stood for Florachanxxx, which was their eBay name before I found out about another website. I think one of the earliest FX sets is the Cowboy Bebop set. The earliest AWIL set I can think of was the Kenshin OVA set.
Well, I'm pretty sure that AWIL/ ACIL were just pseudonyms for FX, established by Florachan himself when things got too hot on the market (but before FX got busted).

I have Fruba, FMP and Rahxephon here. They're all AWILs, sold to me by Flora personally, at a time when he didn't deal in different brands anymore other than his own. They all look like your typical FX gatefold set.
Actually Animation City was just an alternative moniker that FX used when the heat got turned up occasionaly.
actually everyone is right..sorta.

When FX would release under different names it was to "spread the releases". This way it didnt look like FX was releasing the *tons* of sets that were coming out, but a multitude of companies.

MAC has released under every name, even MI. Its just so it doesnt "look" as if a particular company doing that.

There is a live action dvd company doing the same right now, releasing under at least 6 different labels to cover thier tracks.

B