Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Paintball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else ever try paintballing? I went with a friend of mine over the summer and got hooked. Yeah, that's my new thing. Although I am getting pretty good. I'm already to the point where I can dominate alot of the casual players at the local fields. Me and my friends are thinking of starting a team and entering some rookie tourneys just to see how we do.
I love playing paintball... I still have to remember when to duck and take cover but my reflexes are decent and I'm a good shot when I actually see my targets.
Zagatto Wrote:I love playing paintball... I'm a good shot when I actually see my targets.

LOL that sounds exactly like me.

I've been a few times. Always borrowed my gear though. But I bought my own balls and gas. I think it is fun, but most of the time I went, it was just out in the woods or sometihng, and there is always that guy who will wipe him self off if you weren't sure you got him. I hate peopel who cheat at stuff like that, takes all the fun out of it.
Blight Wrote:and there is always that guy who will wipe him self off if you weren't sure you got him. I hate peopel who cheat at stuff like that, takes all the fun out of it.

Yeah, there are always cheaters. What's worse than that is the guy who chronoes his gun and then immediately raises the pressure right afterwards. Those things hurt like hell if it's past 300 fps (and all fields require you to be below 300 fps because it is unsafe past that).

But if there is a 'wiper' at the field, just remember who it is and then lay into him the next time so there's no doubt that he was shot.
w0w, i really wanted to go last week, but i had a change of schedule. really, i wanted to try it out. ahhh! but i had to go to a familly lunch thing. grrr. hopefilly i moght be able to go this weekend. i heard it hurts?? does it?
Gemini Wrote:i heard it hurts?? does it?)

Well, not too bad, considering that it is getting cold (well here it is genital freezing anyway) you will probably be wearing layers. That will stop most of it. Wearing a hoody or something would be a good idea. And if you aren't playing with areses who turn their guns way up, you shouldn't worry at all. Even if you get shot and it stings a little, the fun you have playing makes it nothing anyway.
I have mostly had good encounters with people and typically play against people who are using rental equipment.

The pain is good incentive NOT to get hit. If you get hit in a fatty area you can expect a really pretty bruise that will last for a few days. If you get hit from point blank range you can expect some blood. None of the injuries you should get from paintball will be permanent as long as you remember to wear your face shield.
Zagatto Wrote:The pain is good incentive NOT to get hit. If you get hit in a fatty area you can expect a really pretty bruise that will last for a few days. If you get hit from point blank range you can expect some blood. None of the injuries you should get from paintball will be permanent as long as you remember to wear your face shield.

Who the hell do you play with man? And how high are their guns turned up? Seriously, I get shot ALL THE TIME, when I go and the only time I ever got a mark was when someone shot me at point blank. You don't have a distance rule either? You know, something like, if you get with oh ten feet or so they have the option to surrender (like if you snuck up on them). Then if they don't shoot the hell outta them. I think the only time it ever really hurt is I got shot in the ear. That hurt, but and ear is sensitive and didn't have the full head gear that time.
Gemini Wrote:i heard it hurts?? does it?

Nah. At least I don't think so. If you go to a good field where they make people chrono their guns and the refs pay attention, you should be fine. Wear a sweatshirt and you'll have some extra padding. In paintball, loose clothing is good. I can just go and play in a t-shirt now and I'm fine. But I've never had a fear of getting shot from the the 1st time I played. Hopefully when you go, you won't have to go against a bunch of experienced players, because you won't have as much fun. Also, don't be one of those noobs who goes and hides in the first bunker she sees. Move around out there.

Blight - I still get bruises sometimes. First few times I went, I had bruises everywhere. But then again, I go looking for action and don't mind getting shot up.

I just got back from paintballing today. We drove down 80 miles so we could try a new field. It was awesome. Luckily they had some experienced people show up at this field, so we had some competition. I'm just happy because I bunkered my friend Steve and shot him from like 5-10 feet away. That's what he gets for talking shit to me. Cool

If any of you guys are ever in the DC area - I can recommend some good paintball places and go with you. You'd have alot more fun with me protecting you than you will by yourself against people who know what they're doing.
When I have been it's really hurt sometimes. It's usually ice cold in the UK all year round so that makes it a lot worse lol. If it's hot you would be too hot as you have to wear a few layers. I have seen people have marks for weeks. I don't know what guns you have over in the USA but the ones here are really damn dangerous. Someone got shot in the lip even with the safety plug thing on and it swelled up to a huge purple mess lol. Still a fun thing, but I have to be in a good mood to go and do it otherwise it pisses me off a lot if I get hit.
Ok... here is a picture of me right after I got out of the shower last time I played paintball. Sorry if anyone is offended by the nipples.

That shot in the middle of my chest was from a fierce shootout from 4 feet apart. I probably would have won if I had any paint in my gun at the time (my hopper dumped on me just before I jumped into the fray and I didn't realize I was empty).

I didn't like that place to play because it was an indoor field and there was a nasty pinch point in the middle of the field that encouraged people to camp and shoot people as they tried to cross the mid point. I don't plan on playing at this place again.

The best field I've played at is about 2.5 hours north of me at Wasaga Beach. They have a nice wide open indoor field in an warehouse as well as 10 different outdoor fields. Their rental equipment is a great selection of nicely maintained Tippmans and they give all players a camo pull over jacket to keep people safe. When I play there I still get some minor bruises (nothing like what you see in this picture).
Zagatto Wrote:That shot in the middle of my chest was from a fierce shootout from 4 feet apart.

Hahahaha. Well, you probably shouldn't be doing shootouts from 4 feet apart. Also, if you are in a 'shootout' from 4 feet apart, both of you probably did something wrong. I've done it before, but only because we were playing mercy ball. We were playing a private game and we knew the ref, so he let us do it if we all agreed. Basically, you're not out unless you give up. So you can get shot all you want. So me and one other guy were 5 feet away from each other seeing who could make each other cry mercy first. We ran out of paint before we gave up.

I've had bruises for a month or so as well. It just doesn't really hurt me when I get shot. I've probably been shot hundreds of times and there are only a few that I was like 'ow, I know I'm going to feel this one for awhile'.

Here's links to some sites of fields I've recently played at. The first one was really awesome and we will be going back there in 2 weeks. Check out the pics of some of the fields.

http://www.warplaypaintball.com/
http://hogback.net/

I'll see if I can get a pic of my gun and maybe a pic of me in my gear when I get a chance. Here's a link to basically the gun I have. Mine is an 05 instead of an 06 and a slightly different color scheme.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTE...O73agmBoV#
Mostly my friends and I just go shoot trees and such. Sometimes when we get enough people we'll go out into the woods and actually play. Especially when my dads friends go out. He has some hardcore friends. Nice when they go too cuz one of em has a co2 tank so you can play all day out in the woods.

Also, i've never seen paintballs draw blood either, even when turned up from a few feet away. I've seen a 3 inch bruise before but never blood like that.