Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The future of Zagatto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In the very near future (about ten minutes from now) I will be cuddled on the couch with my wife watching the third and fourth episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The first two episodes were pretty cool and I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops.

On October 27 I will be moving to my new place in Waterloo to be closer to work. I already have my pull list set up at the local comic shop and they rent anime there as well (although I have a small mountain of stuff that I haven't watched yet so I'm not likely to rent for a year or two).

The big news is that I have a 50/50 chance of going to work in Singapore for three months starting mid-November. There are certainly some hardships with leaving my wife and daughter alone in our new house so soon after moving but I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to work in Asia ever again. This looks to be super cool and would be a great feather in my cap when I come back. You can bet that I'll be over in HK checking things out in person as well. This is... asuming I get the position... there are 2 positions open and I'm one of four people trying to go. I figure my odds are pretty good.

I'll post more as it develops.
That is a precious opportunity! I'd take it if I were you but make sure your wife is behind you on this or it might end up giving you a lot of problems.
Nice have fun moving. (God do i hate moving being in the military since we move about every 3 years or sooner) and yea i loved working overseas its a great experiance Katilliya and I are trying to get back overseas!

P.S. when you finally move will you be able to start putting that model together again? No i still haven't forgotten about it!
Schultz Wrote:P.S. when you finally move will you be able to start putting that model together again? No i still haven't forgotten about it!

LOL, I was wondering about that too, since I want to buy one, but don't want to spend the money if an actual person finds it impossible to live up to how quality they really are.

But I agree with Andromeda here. Make sure your wife is really fine with it. I know you've had bumpy roads in the past, so make sure it is really fine and not just ok or all the joy of the experience could be ruined upon your return home. But if it is fine, then go for it.
To start with, my wife is encouraging my trip to Singapore. She realizes this is a chance of a lifetime and is looking forward to the possibility of her and Katina flying out for a visit while I'm there.

I don't anticipate being able to bring anything as large as the model kit with me so it would be delayed until I got back in February. The good news is that the parts that I have finished so far have been very easy to assemble and they look great (I'm sure I posted some pictures of the completed arms here).

I have promised that if I don't make the trip so Singapore that I will have the model done by Christmas and shipped back to JJ by then. My new house has about 400 square feet more space for living and I expect that I will have a good space for working on model kits there as well as more time for things like model kits.

I will keep people updated... my move date is now less than two weeks away.

I also have to deal with a leak that has developed in the basement of the house I'm selling before I move. Hopefully, I will have that done on Tuesday this week.
Zagatto Wrote:...but I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to work in Asia ever again.

You can always go to Japan and teach English there.... assuming you have a bachelor's degree or any kind.

http://jetprogramme.org/e/index.html
I know about the teaching English abroad programs but I have a few things keeping me from taking that path. First, the commitment would keep me away from my wife and daughter for more than three months and I feel that is about the maximum amount of time I would want to be separated from them. Second, I have already established that I am working my dream job so the idea of quitting that to teach abroad just so I can see the world doesn't seem like a good idea. Finally, I don't have a bachelors degree in anything so I don't qualify for most of the teaching abroad jobs out there.

If I get offered this position it will be a major boon to my career within RIM as well as a great chance for personal growth. Best of all, my family would be able to come visit me while I'm working there and I could take vacation time to be with them and explore Singapore and surrounding areas.

I should find out by the end of this week if I'll be going or not. I have my fingers crossed.
Well, good luck with that, hopefully everything works out.
It's good to know your wife is encouraging you to do this. I really hope you can go to Singapore. If you do and if you manage to drop by, upload some pictures for us to see! Wink
Good Luck Zagatto, hopefully everything works out fine.
Today is the closing date of my house and I have to be out of here within the next 5 hours (guess I should tear down the computer soon).
The new place isn't going to have internet access for a week so I want everyone to behave while I'm away. Schultz and JJ are still going to be watching things and thumping heads for people who get out of line (although it's been a long time since anyone has done anything really stupid in here).

As for Singapore, that's still up in the air. It sounds like work wants to send me but now they need to make sure that I can get a work visa there.

I got yelled at while packing up the Gundam kit yesterday. I just had to open it up and play with the articulated fingers on the hands. I definitely want to get a place set up where I can finish building it. Hopefully, before I head for Singapore.
Best of luck with everything Zagatto hope all is well.
I like coming back here and seeing everyone in such a nice online community. I used to come to IA every day during study halls in high school. Though things move slower here than on SomethingAwful, everyone is so much nicer. Even a certain cynical "Vicious." Smile
gohan32 Wrote:Though things move slower here than on SomethingAwful, everyone is so much nicer. Even a certain cynical "Vicious." Smile

Yeah, things have been really slow here lately. I don't check back as much as I used to, but when I do, there are hardly any new posts.

And yes, maybe I'm getting nicer in my old age. Either that or there hasn't been much lately that's gotten me riled up. We haven't had any idiots in here in a long time.
i miss the idiots =(
Pages: 1 2 3