Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Samurai 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how good the Samurai 7 Box Set is?:confused: Smile
Bmvtoys posted a short review at AN:

http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/showth...adid=23325

Seems like Samurai 7 has some missing subs. Still waiting for my own set though (typical Sphiatt order; damn cheap & damn slow).
Bitc*** thanks alot dude Big Grin !
Okay, got my Samurai 7 EZ perfect set today.
Only had time to do a spot-check so far. All 3 discs are double layered. The anamorphic widescreen video looks terrific up to the last episode. Absolutely no flickery camera pans as seen in many recent HK releases, mainly MAC's (and MAC rips). Pixelation is minimal if absent. Audio is flawless. About the missing subs: I couldn't find any, probably because I haven't watched the entire show yet. But even if there are 5 or so lines missing per disc it's still acceptable for the $13.19 I paid with free shipping. :p
Holy hell, how did you get it for so cheap!?!? And where did you get it from?
Sphiatt.com, during one of their bi-monthly 40%-off sales (FX/EZ and live action dvds only). Though most of us propably distrust this seller now, after that "sell-them-R1s-and-send-em-HKs" fiasco last year. Wouldn't buy from Sphiatt if it wasn't for their sale prices.
I gotcha.. Well I didn't find Samurai 7 for that price but I settled for the next thing better! Fullmetal Alchemist Part 2 (Eng Dub) for $17.00 brand new! LOL I hoped on that deal so damn fast it was insane! Big Grin Cool :eek:

Aight man I will talk to you later and thanks again buddy.

PZ
His prices are higher than they used to be. Also, the discount that's supposed to be taken off in the checkout isn't. Odd.
That's because Sphiatt doesn't run any sale right now. The info about "super-discounted pricing" on the frontpage is somehow left from their last sale. They should've deleted it weeks ago. At the moment there's no real reason to buy from them. (IMO)
I C. His prices are still higher than they used to be.
Samurai 7 is worth buying the R1's. Its such a well animated title from Gonzo. Or hell get a netflix account and just rent and burn the series...

-LE