Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone else have a Myspace???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just started a myspace page and was wondering if anyone else in IA have one too. If you do, please post your link to you page. I would like to check it out.

Here mine:

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/cnanthavong"]http://www.myspace.com/cnanthavong
[/URL]

Still learning how to add more features so it very basic right now.
Ah, Evil old myspace. A massive piece of the social machine. About everybody I know is on it... I however, absolutely refuse. For one thing, I just don't like people have that much access to who I am, with out me knowing who they are. It isn't that I'm a very private person, I am loud as hell a lot of the time (especially when it comes to political issues). It's just that it gives people ammo against me or at least presents me as a target. Besides, I don't really want to get to many people just over the internet, and if my friends form real life are on there, well I'll see them anyway. It just seems like a desperate cry of, "look at me! I'm on teh interwebz lol!" But people can do whatever they want. I mean, I'm not calling any one a loser or anything... Some non-conspirator theorist examples of why not to use myspace though are: stalkers, ex flames being assholes, and bosses checking it out for interviews/job performance reviews. Rant done.
mainly i use myspace to keep in touch with friends that moved away, distant relatives, and friends. damn! myspace got big. hahaha. i remember when i first started i didnt really care much for it, but now.... i guess i jumped the band wagon. Big Grin

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...id=8051842
Blight Wrote:Ah, Evil old myspace. A massive piece of the social machine. About everybody I know is on it... I however, absolutely refuse.

That makes two of us then. I am a rather private person even if it doesn't look much like it at first so the last thing I want to do is create something like a myspace.
I do respect those who have myspaces, I just don't feel inclined to take part in it. And I am somewhat weary of stalkers and all the problems that might arise from letting strangers know too much about me so I think I'll continue to do what I've been doing so far, which is keep to myself.
No about the only time I'm not private period is wehn it's sopmething I bewlieve needs to be said. Otherwise I'm silent in real life and extremely private so I avoid sites like that.
I have 3 accounts;
But the quote "Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head"
Just ruined it for you Tongue

I made one a long time ago to keep intouch with this one dude because he was supposed to use some of my lyrics for his band.
One is my musican's account >.> don't ask <.<
And the third is mine, I guess.
Batz Kage Wrote:I have 3 accounts;
But the quote "Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head"
Just ruined it for you Tongue

I made one a long time ago to keep intouch with this one dude because he was supposed to use some of my lyrics for his band.
One is my musican's account >.> don't ask <.<
And the third is mine, I guess.

so.... do i get to see it??Cool

private... public...
when i started i had my name and a blank page, but then i graduallly add things. i'm still private about myself, i just put things that most my friends already know.
Gemini Wrote:so.... do i get to see it??Cool

private... public...
when i started i had my name and a blank page, but then i graduallly add things. i'm still private about myself, i just put things that most my friends already know.

Added! To my musican's account. I don't really use the other two. It doesn't really have any important information. Infact, with my last relationship change I took out most of the personal journal entries, or atleast edited them so my new women wouldn't be all jealous.

Basicly it's just where I upload my music to.
i've never had a myspace account, not really my thing. but i like both of your pages =)
My friends bothered me forever to make one, so I finally just decided to give in and make one :p .

But, I'm also a very private individual. My site doesn't say anything people don't already know.
yeah, i first set up a myspace when it first got started. I had it all set up and shit and now noone is on it! lol. well im gonna stay there because i put alot into my profile and got a kickass gaara layout that took forever to find. so my url is http://www.myspace.com/the_evilm0nkey drop me a message sometime. oh and im back! lol havnt been on here much.
I have to agree with Blight and Andromeda, I prefer to have some control over who I reveal myself to, but thats just me...

I love the internet and the whole thing but I do think we are loosing the human touch, people comunicate via Instant Messangers, datings sites that let you read everything there is about a person before you choose to contact them... (much like MySpace)

What happened to learning who that person is the old fasioned way... guess thats what its becoming... old fashioned...

anyhow, before I go on a tangent, I think MySpace and Blogger are all fine and dandy bits of social experiment like Blight put it, but ask yourself, or rather see, how much time a week do you spend "MySpac`ing", how much time a day!... maybe if that time was spend with real life friends, or doing something constructive in the outside world, maybe you'd be happier...

thats my 2cents worth... now let me get back to World of Warcraft... online people to see, online dragons to slay... nuff said
I was about to post and comment about you playing World of Warcraft but then you go and say it yourself at the end of your post.. damn it.
No I have no use for sites like that and no desire to reveal anything about myself.
I signed up once so I could look at pics on a friends myspace page, but never set one up for myself.

Gemini - You fence? That is badass. I always wanted to try that.
Pages: 1 2