Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Is the FX/EZ Gunslinger Girl set...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Absolutley terrible picture-wise?

I watched the Heat Guy J set a while ago and that had 12 eps on 1 disc, with some extras too! and it wasn't bad at all...

Anyone, apart from the one reviewer seen it and care to comment?

Krooner
Ok, here's a quick check (a couple of minutes of action scenes).
First I haven't seen the entire set yet, so I can say much about the total.

There is some pixelation in fast action scenes like Henrietta storming a room in ep. 1, haven't seen any macroblocking.
The screen was a bit grainy in most of the other scenes, but not too bad in my opinion.

Anyway, I would have preferred 2 dvd's over 1 for better quality, but I didn't find it as terrible as the review stated. Please do remember that I haven't seen the entire series, so I'm just given a quick impression.
I've only seen the first three episodes so far but I've been impressed with the picture quality in general. I do notice the pixellation in some of the fast action scenes just like RF but I don't feel that it's bad enough to take away from my pleasure. Considering this is the whole series for under $10 with some pretty good dub work I'm not complaining.
Yup I def agree, and watching it on ur dvd player with ur tv is always better than watching it on your comp/laptop - so quality is pretty good for such a cheap price.
i must agree, there is some slight quality loss, but most players seem to play it quite well.

I dont think it would be a good idea to do a lot of sets in this fashion, but some yes.

You get the whole series for $7-$10 and its actually good quality, cant ask for more. B