Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Inu-Yasha Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on watching the complete Inu-Yasha series and the 4 movies during the holidays, but I have one question: At what point in the series do the movies take place?

I'd hate to watch the series and then watch the movies after only to find out that the movies take place every 50 or so episodes (the number is a wild guess). Does anyone who has seen the series and the movies know where they should be watched?

One last thing, should you want to discuss this question, keep in mind that I haven't seen the series yet, so no spoilers please.
The movies are non-canon so it really doesn't matter. But for 1-3 after the main group is introduced should be fine. The 4th one I forgot but it would take place after the LATE 100 episodes so I guess maybe after might be best.

Edit - Now that I think about it IF it was part of the storyline movie 3 would take place later on. I just don't know the exact place it could possibly fit in.
They are seperate from the main story, but do include new characters from the show as it progresses. I suggest:

Movie 1: Affections Touching Across Time
Any time after the whole main group joins together.

Movie 2: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass
Wait until after Kagura (girl with fan) and Kan'na (little girl with mirror) show up and get pretty well established in the show.

Movie 3: Swords of an Honorable Ruler
Wait until Rin (poor little girl) joins Sesshoumaru.