Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Having problems with 2 of my sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Recently I ordered the Wolfs Rain perfect set, and the Ghost in the Shell SAC: 1st gig set among other things. But I am having a problem and am not sure if it is the disks or my dvd player.

With Wolf's Rain, the problem was on the second disk, and with GITS it is on the first, but it is basically the same problem. The episodes begin to lag and skip horribly, and if I want to watch the episode I have to rewind to right after the bugging occurs from the next scene. At least until it skips again.

I had the same problem with the FX .hack set I ordered elsewhere a while back (on the last episode nontheless which pissed the hell out of me) which makes me think it could be my dvd player. Except that when I try to play it on my PS2 it won't read those episodes at all.

Should I just send them back and ask for another copy? Or do I need to go and buy a new dvd player?
hey. using a ps2 to test dvds is not a good idea, try your firends dvd players see if u get same results.
Yeah, when i get a bad set (once in maybe 80 sets so far)I test them on different dvd players and the pc. The unwritten rule is if it doesn't work on the pc its a bad set. JJ is right about the ps2 being a bad dvd player, especially for HK sets. Some also work better on certain players. I have never (except for 1 bad disc) had a problem with my philips dvd player.
Quote:The unwritten rule is if it doesn't work on the pc its a bad set.

This isn't always the case. I've seen my share of dvd's that worked on my dvd-player, but didn't on my pc.
Anyway, it's always a good idea to test the dvd's on another system/player before trying anything else.
Ya I used to have problems from time to time until I got my philips. Great players. Just with I could FF faster than 8x.
Sony DVD playing products in general have issues playing back discs so I recommend trying out the media on many brands before blaming the discs. Here's my list of Sony products that I had to adjust the laser output just so that it would even play at all:

Sony playstation (PSX)
Sony playstation 2
Sony DV570 (I think that was the model anyway, threw it into the trash where it belongs)
My Sony dvd player has played everything that I've thrown at it including all my home made dvds.
What's the model of that Sony? Is it still on the market? I had a really old Sony that played just about anything ... now is RIP. I bought a new Sony, and it had problems with disks the old one didn't, so I returned it. (Most of the disks were FX.) Then I got a Panasonic, which was ace with everything until a couple of recent EZ sets. (I'm still trying to trick it into reading disk 1 of Gungrave, and forget the last Inuyasha ... the subs stick often enough that I still haven't gotten through the set. Too much blanking work.) My Mac tends to hate disks like these, and often doesn't even acknowledge them ... snobby computer. Sure wish my old Sony would resurrect itself ... Sad