Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Maybe a dumb question about a Macross set.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen Macross SDF1 Perfect Collection (36 episodes) around but I thought that the main Macross series was not dubbed in english but a few places it is listed as having English audio. So waht is this set exactly?
If you check out this link
http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=243
It looks like ADV is redubbing the series without the Robotech edits that were made back in the 80s. According to the site, they have only released episodes 1-16 with the new dubs so far with episodes 17-20 coming out next month.

As a guess, I would say that the English dubs being sold are either fan dubs or they are misrepresenting the original Robotech series as Macross (which is more likely).
Actually, the English track is sound-effects only track. I think R1 set by Animego set was like that. So it must be an aniemego rip.

By the way, I think Zagatto could be right. They could be Robotech macross saga misrepresented as macross. They shoudn't list the special-effect track as English track. Better to be careful than sorry later.
By the way, I think Zagatto could be right. They could be Robotech macross saga misrepresented as macross. They shoudn't list the special-effect track as English track. Better to be careful than sorry later.
I don't know what sites you went to but ADV is currently putting out a new version of the Macross series out that has an english 5.1 audio track with it. Right now the 1st 3 discs are out.
FYI here's a link to the set I'm talking about.

http://www.kcdvd.com/MacrossSDF1.html

With ether answer it's a little miss listed...
That's the Animeigo rip by MAC aka animegod. They first released 2 separate boxsets (part 1 & part 2), and then put them together in one complete boxset:

Macross SDF1 ~ Perfect Collection Complete Box Set

By clicking at "info" you'll read:
"Contains Part 1 and part 2, 36 episodes in 5 DVDs, in 2 Perfect collection Box sets. Best buy!"

Because MAC/ animegod listed them having Japanese & English dialogue, most dealers just copied that information without further checking. Of course, it doesn't have an english dub, just an additional SFX track.
Idol Wrote:That's the Animeigo rip by MAC aka animegod. They first released 2 separate boxsets (part 1 & part 2), and then put them together in one complete boxset:

Macross SDF1 ~ Perfect Collection Complete Box Set

By clicking at "info" you'll read:
"Contains Part 1 and part 2, 36 episodes in 5 DVDs, in 2 Perfect collection Box sets. Best buy!"

Because MAC/ animegod listed them having Japanese & English dialogue, most dealers just copied that information without further checking. Of course, it doesn't have an english dub, just an additional SFX track.

No dub but it's Macross is the correct answer I see. I ended up getting it in the two box set version from beboprules heh.