Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Im new here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering how come the Anime here is so cheap? Aren't some of the dvd's super expensive? And what are "R1 Dvd's"? :?: Thanks in advance :lol:
R1 is Region 1, its the DVD coding that plays on R1 dvd players, R1s are dvds that are sold in North America (including mexico)

R0 is Region 0, code free dvds, playable world wide on any code dvd players, the dvd are sold here are produced in asia, in countries that are grey on their licensing policies... so that would explain why the prices are cheap.

Some dvds are good quality, others not so good, thats why I started this website, to provide that info, please research the items u want to buy to make sure u know what u are getting.

Regard
JJ (formally OJ)
Ok, so is the cowboy bebop dvd set good quality?
Yea the Bebop Perfect Collection is an excelent set, with perfect english subs and English Dub (which some hard core fans who hate dubs actually prefer over the subs)
Ok, cool. Ill continue on with my purchase Big Grin
Welcome. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Yes welcome to our humble abode. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You should be very happy with the Cowboy Bebop set. One of the best sets HK has to offer. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I think the Maison Ikkoku MI Set was by far the best. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As far as asian subs on HK dvds goes, Tekkaman Blade is Jawsome!

And yes.......WELCOME..........Welcome to post slut HELL...and to Import-Anime!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Is Maison Ikkouku still availible now? I am interested in seeing it. I just didn't have the money to buy it from viz. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
It is from MI. The VIZ tapes are still available but $30 for 2 episodes sucks. If you want you can wait for the R1 box set due of late 2003. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Animemanicas has it for 80$. If not, you will find it easily on ebay.

Didn't viz stop releasing the tapes for something like 60 episodes
It originally stopped on episode 36 (volume 18), with 60 episodes left. Then they continued the sub until episode 60 (volume 30), with 36 episodes left. See an ominous pattern. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bastards! Well it doesnt matter now because I'm gonna pick up the MI set soon.

This christmas is gonna drive me broke, new tv was on credit card, gonna put some HKDVDs on credit card. Do you see pattern here?
Pages: 1 2 3