Import Anime Forums

Full Version: I was wondering if anyone has seen "monster" and...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First i'd like to know what you thought of the show. I hear it's good, but from everything i've read about it I really wonder how it could run up onto 60 episodes. Second, is if anyone has seen the import DVD i'd like to know if the subtitles are decent. Don't want to spend my money unless I know i'll be able to watch it... anyway, thanks in advance I suppose.
I watched Monster and I thought that it was really well done, and can't say there are any other animes like it. After watching the first episode I thought it was boring and was even about to drop the show, but I'm glad I didn't because the first few episodes are just on character development, and it really picks up around episode 5 or so. It is reallly the only notable suspense anime I can think of and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a more mature anime. I didn't watch the hk just the fansubs, so I can't really help you out there.........
I just finished watching it this weekend and I thought it was great. Even though it's 74 eps, there are no filler eps and it leaves almost no loose ends along in the plot. I watched the fansub version though and I think if the hk subs aren't great then you could miss out on the story.
Its a great show.. I only have like 5 more eps to go before I finish. I highly recomend it. No fillers at all <3
I still have another 26 episodes to go and I must say that this is an amazing show. It's one of those shows where you truly have no idea whats going to happen next. I wouldn't say that there are no filler eps, because there are a number episodes that really don't have to be there and don't really serve any purpose whatsoever..
I haven't watched Monster yet but I've been reading the manga for quite some time now, and from what I was told the anime is pretty faithfull to the manga. All I can say is that if it's as good as the manga then it's awesome!
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I haven't watched Monster yet but I've been reading the manga for quite some time now, and from what I was told the anime is pretty faithfull to the manga. All I can say is that if it's as good as the manga then it's awesome!

I just finished it yesterday, I wanted more closure so I read a scanlation for the last chapter, and it was identical, word for word ^^;

The anime is amazing.... And better news yet...

http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinprodu...041105.htm

*Dances* At first I was horrified, but it looks like a winner... The creater guy is gonna be working on it.

Anyone have more info? Greatly apprieciated.
Let's just hope they don't f* it up.
Is Monster licensed yet in North America?
cyborgninja828 Wrote:Is Monster licensed yet in North America?

The manga is but the anime isn't.