Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Mystery Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've seen Ayatsuri Sakon, Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, Detective Conan, and Spiral. I loved these shows and I'm looking for more mystery anime just like them.

I want to know if there are any mystery shows like these that are licensed in the US or that have already been released on US DVD.

And I'm talking about real mystery. The type of mystery where you don't know who the culprit is until the end, and you are left guessing.I bought the first Sherlock Hound DVD and it wasn't like that. The culprit was mostly always the same villain, he always ended up getting away, and there was never any serious crimes like murder.

If there aren't any licensed releases you can recommend, then please let me know about any mystery animes that have been fansubbed or are currently being fansubbed.

These are the episodes I've seen for the following shows
Ayatsuri Sakon Ep 1-6
Kindaichi Shounen No Jikenbo Ep 1-4
Detective Conan Ep 1-54
If anyone knows where I can get more of these episodes, please let me know also.

Thanks a lot
You should try Steam Detectives. I know you said released in the USA, but I figured you can most definetly find it fansubbed (and know for a fact you can get it HK). It may be your cup of tea. It has a little of everything. So far I am on episode 10. For the most part it is easy to figure out what is going on, but lets face it for the most part everything in this genre is. This happens to be my favorite type of book, movie, animation, but it seems everything that is made anime form in this genre is insanely easy to figure out. I hope I helped in some way. I am going to check out Detective Conan soon. Is it good? Like mysteries wise. I am looking for something that will make my brain work a little while I watch it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Yeah, Detective Conan is excellent. You should definitely check it out. The HK DVDs (MI) for Pt 1 and Pt 2 are highly recommended. You can check out my reviews for them that I put up here on Import-Anime.

I'll try out Steam Detectives.

Thanks a lot
It's definately not Mystery Anime but Maison Ikkoku and GTO have to be seen anyways. Those two shows are incredible. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks, but I've already seen GTO and Maison Ikkoku.

So kakoi_sugoi_yama, are you watching Steam Detectives on HK DVD?
If so, how are the subs?

Thanks
Yep I am watching it HK released by MI. The subs are pretty good. Overall it is very understandable. They change most of the charaters names. They only get one of them right most of the time, and she has a chinese name. It is pretty good though. Worth the $30 I spent for it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I'll give the link to a fansub site that has a Random Mystery Anime OAV(it's what they call it). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sweet. Even though I really don't buy tapes. I love DVD. There is something missing though, like you and a bunch of friends all hunched up around a tv watching a 20th generation fansub of Dragonball. Those days I will miss. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Boogiepop Phantom has a bit of mystery, though whether it's "what the hell is going on" or not will be your call. Wink Lain has a few plot twists in it as well although I'm not thinking it's the traditional mystery. Both good series, both pretty odd.. Hopefully you're lucky enough to have seen them both, if not, pick up a MAC Boogiepop and an AS lain, you won't be disappointed.
Shibo pushes the AS/MAC products. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I forgot all about Boogiepop! Definetly pick it up. I loved that series very much. It was so full of mystery. Go with that. You would love it. I had so much fun figuring out what was going on. I had even more fun watching it the second time around. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Yea but I like Weib that had a good mystery side to it... didn't know why certain people wanted to kill certain people and hell the who is related to who stuff had me hooked for the rest of the series...
I've seen all those shows you guys have mentioned except for Steam Detectives which I will be getting soon.

I am just finding out that there are 2 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo movies on HK DVD. I don't know if these titles are new or old but does anyone know about their quality?

Also, how mysterious is Lupin III. Someone recommended it on another message board where I asked the same question about mystery anime.
Lupin is the japanese James Bond. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I may be one of the few people with this opinion, but I never liked James Bond.

But I do know that I've seen a couple of the Lupin movies and I liked every one of them. If the TV series is as good or better than the movies then I'll definitely pick it up.
Pages: 1 2 3